Question Bank Schwesar - How to utilize with readings and my study strategy

Hey everybody,

I am giving it another go with CFA Level 1. I failed it December 2012 with 150 hrs of study and decided to sign back up this June. I am making a way through my reading and have a different order about things. I have access to the 2015 Schwesar Notes, Secret Sauce and 6 Mock Exams. I have the 2013 Schwesar Question Bank.

My current plan:

Order of Books I am re-reading: Book 3 - FR&A Book 4 - Corporate Finance/PM/Equity Book 5 - Fixed Income/Derivatives/Weath Planning Book 1 - Ethics and QM Book 2 - Economics I am finishing up book 4 this week, and have the following strategy. Finishing a book, working all EOC problems in CFA1 book from current book then complete the schwesar end of book exam from previous book (when i finish book 4 do practice exam on FR&A within schwesar). I am trying to utilize the Schwesar QBank this week and figured doing problems from all sections I have currently read when I don’t feel like reading.

You have the option Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced questions. Should I only do questions that Int/Advanced? Last time I finished all the reading I did a couple mocks and realized my accounting was really weak. So I started there this time around and really spent my time on it. But, I know retention is key and keep donig problems as I work through the material is important. I didn’t really do this last time…

How do other people utilize the Question Bank? Also, is the Schwesar 2013 Bank good enough to use in prep of a June 2015?

Thanks in advance!