I can't remeber anything

Hi Guys,

I am using Schweser notes and I justfinished to study the 4th book.

At the end of each chapter, I am doing Schweser EOC questions where i usually manage to get 90% or more…

Yesterday I tried to pick some random questions from previosu books and I feel like my retention rate, is very very low (probably around 25%). Are you aving the same problem? Do you think that doing exercices and reviewing LOS where i get wrong answers can help?

I will start doing only exercices and reviewing LOS where i score badly after i finish the 5th book. Do you think that 3 months is sufficient amount of time to fill all the gaps?

Many thanks

Walter

I had the same problem to the extent to think this was kind of impossible, but no, this is totally doable and the secret is to practice questions a lot. I suggest to solve mocks and feedback from them (at least 2 mocks 6-hour each). The last 2 or 3 days just try to solve questions mentally and check the answer right there. That helps a lot.

Good Luck!

Working questions, whether individually or as a practice/mock exam, will lock things into your memory.

So will writing the information on flash cards.

Put in the (active) effort and you’ll get there.

Excatly! For L1 I wrote about 200 cards for the whole curriculum. When I forget something I just go back to the cards, and many of them with book pages so can go directly to source if it get not clear at all.

For L2 I will build Card System 2.0 :smiley: because this level is much more demanding.

Thank you guys. Really appreciate your help.

e

start working problems from the schwesar question bank do like 500

take notes on questions missed you will start to remember some of things and start building confidence

i am still reading the material so you are fine on time

I had the same issue. The first read through is always the slowest as your brain works to comprehend new subjects and formulas. The second time you read the material, its much faster and instead of wasting brain power working to comprehend the information you manage to retain a lot more of it. I read the material for level I 4 times by the way.

Yes, I still haven’t completed my first read. According to my schedule, I won’t complete it until the beginning of May. However, I’m going to spend April working backwards as well, completing QBank questions to hopefully help. As well, I’m going to start preparing flash cards, just not sure how to narrow down the material.

@Harrogath - I know we’ve discussed this previously, but what kind of material did you put on your flashcards?

I here some people bascially just write out the LOS, but I feel like that will be a huge waste of time.

@OP - Congratulations! You’ve finished the first half of the first level of the CFA exam!!! You’re approximately 10% of the way done!!! (L1 is 20% of the exam. L2 and L3 are 40% each.)

This is fairly normal, and will continue to be a problem for all levels of the exam. The solution, as noted before, is lots and lots and lots of practice, and lots and lots and lots of repetition.

Ah yes, I sense great fear in you