Reading ONLY CFA curriculum book

hi All,

I have registered for CFA exam in Dec. I have only bought ebook and hard-copy book of CFA curriculum. I think I am OK at intellectual level.

However when I am going thru the material in CFA books, I find the following

1. It is quite boring.(I am currently on Economics–Macroeconomics)

2)The material is very hard to follow. Its not intuitive at all as CFA book

1. The material does not seem to be logically sequenced i.e. sometimes the heading will say something and content will say something else !!

2. The material seems to be quite confusing.

The rate at which I am studying, it seems I cannot finish all 6 books in 300 hours(average time) and even if i finish them, i think i will grasp only a 50-60% of it.

Can someone please suggest if they had the similar expericne in studying only CFA books and what they did to fix it.

PS: The above comments are only my personnel opinion and does not indicate the quality of CFA books either way.

1. Economics are very boring, especially in the CFAI, totally normal

2)True

3)True

1. True

I understand what you are saying, and don’t worry: IT IS NORMAL! I would advise you to buy the Schweser notes with the Q bank… it is very helpful

The only thing you should read in the CFAI are the EOC questions (but sometimes they are very wordy) and the ETHICS (very recommended)

thanks a lot Swissfox. Appreciate your fast response !!

Hi, I am a June Level I Candidate and I began to read the official curriculum but I bought the Kaplan Schweser books since I’d not have enough time to finish the official books and to learn the Key Concepts and to go through the mock exams.

Furthermore, the official summaries’ usefulness ranging from useless (20 lines to summarize a 60 pages chapter) to really usefull (3 pages to summarize a 20 pages chapter). This kind of usefulness spread is too uncomfortable.

Nonetheless, you have to read the official Code & Standards book. Moreover, this one of the highest “Points to Pages Ratio” of the exam.

the books have a lot of question that you are not gonna get asked during your exam. I am reading the books. Finished Quant and accounting. Almost close to finishing economics. Given that I am a finance student I hope I wont be having that much problem with book 4, 5, 6 .

Or else I might switch to schweser books early.