Wiley/Elan for December 2015 Level 1?

[original post removed]

Hi,

Yes, you don’t really need to read everything in the detailed solutions CFA Institute provides if you already have a sound understanding of the fundamentals. I suppose this is more to provide those with non-finance backgrounds an opportunity to better understand what they are doing.

1. Yes Wiley/Elan content is superb. I personally use the printed study text, as I like to hand write notes. I think the printed study guides are decent in terms of presentation. As for Vital source, the upside comes when you want to do a quick review on your smartphone/tablet on the move. Moreveover, with Wiley’s Review Course the notes are organized by so called “bit sized lessons” online - so if you don’t like Vital Source, you can see notes nice and clear online, along witht the relevant videos, practice questions and assessments.

2. “With you till you Pass”…Not sure if this applies to all products they offer, but it sure does for the Platinum Package and you will get all content updates till you actually pass the exam. So if for some reason your videos go missing chat them up online and they will sort it out.

At the end of the day, Wiley provides awesome resources, but to really succeed I believe we’ve got to channel great efforts efficiently in the right direction. In other words, its way more efficient to study from Wiley notes/videos, and then do all Wiley questions and use the Institute’s material for questions (including their online practice questions)

All the best for December 2015 !!