Economics, FRA and Revision Strategy

Hi,

I have been studying entirely from CFAI books. I have economics and FRA to complete yet. I have two concerns:

1. When I look back into my notes for all other topis, I can’t remember anything. I usually complete EOC questions in CFAI materials as an when I complete a reading.

2. Since I need some pretty good revision time to refresh all other topics, is it better to switch to Schweser for Economics and FRA, helping to speed up the first reading, so that I can move on to revision?

3. Is 1 month good for revising and working out QBs? I have also registered for a mock in the second week of May offered by the CFA society.

I work fulltime in a non financial industry and have little finance background. I m trying to figure out a good strategy to help me crack this nut in June 2015.

Thank you in advance !!

1. This is the case for everyone. Make sure you continue to do practice problems, this is how you will remember the most.

2. That is one solution, depending on how much free time you have.

3. 1 month is definitely sufficient…be efficient with your time.

Thank you for your suggestions. I have successfully completed my first reading yesterday. However when I look back into my notes, everything looks so vague.

Is it because I have a non-finance back ground? My plans for the next few days would be:

1. Read through my notes, the summary at the back of the lessons in CFAI material

2. Do practice exams from Schweser

3. The last week I am planning to work out the Blue box EOC questions from the CFAI material again.

I thought I will skip the Questions Banks due to lack to time. Please let me know your thoughts on the plan, so that I can streamline my time for the next few days and prepare effectively.

Thanks again !!

My advice is to do the practice exams (most important), but savemaybe only a week for that.

Also, I would go back in the CFAI EOCs and do all of the questions that you previously answered incorrectly. I don’t have experience with Q bank but the strategy outlined above is what I used for L1 and L2.

The best way to learn the formulas is to use them.

Formulas – repetition over and over again, notecard memorize what you dont pick up by the last week and a half

CFA EOCs and mocks with all your spare time. Focus more heavily on CFA EOCs now, and shift that focus more to mocks at the end. The most critically important part of doing problems is reviewing why you got each problem wrong, and coming back and re-addressing it later in an attempt to make sure you are picking up the concepts.