Was not able to enter the test center :(

Hello everyone,

I studied for few months and did more than 1000 practice questions. i even passed the CFA mock exam. unfortunatly, i had to send my passport to an embassy to apply for a VISA and the embassy did not return my passport to me yet. i went to the test center with two national IDs. a copy of my current passport with a proof thats its with the embassy and an original old passport. but they did not let me in. this is none sense, i really felt sad.

Anyway, i thought ill just take a rest the remaining of this year since last year i did CAIA and then studied CFA lvl 1 till June this year. i feel tired. however, i think the right thing to do is to re do lvl 1 this december. i think im gonna take two weeks off and then just do questions for months and solve as many as i can, im talking about 1000s.

what do you think? should i re-read the curriculum or just practice like crazy?

do qbank, the best tool for level 1

1 thousand questions done is not enough, i advice some 3 thousand at least. Good luck!

Practice practice and practice…

& take more mock exams as well

Good luck!

i would probably re read financial reporting because that one is more memorization than anything…and there are lots of little difference between GAAP and IFRS

Furio, way to keep a good attitude after this weekend. +1 to you.

Sounds like you are in good position for the December exam. Depending on your strong topics, I’d hit FRA, Quant, Fixed Income, and Equity with plenty of QBank. Then a couple months out after all material has been covered at least once, start the practice exams. Hammer on the weak areas and I think you’ll be in very good shape.

Shame they did not let you in. Proctors usually take 0% risk to anything that may slightly look different from the procedures manual.

You can use the time to study more or take a couple of months break with regular revisions ti stay fresh.