Philadelphia L1 Exam Observations

I had one observation. The smokeshow writing L1 who was in a miniskirt, high heels and a red jacket. I kept thinking, is she really going to write the entire exam wearing that ensemble? Did CFAI place her there as a disctration? Anyone else see this chick? Even though there were thousands of us at Philly, I am sure everyone who was there noticed this PIECE

She was sitting next to me and I was very confused about the whole situation. Who writes the CFA wearing 5-inch stilettos? Completely bizarre

practice makes perfect

the real question is if she is so hot, why is she bothering to take this test? She has the world in her palms

It was absolutely bizarre…but im telling you this chick was gorgeous and looked like she was about to go clubbing rather than sit for an 8 hour exam. No idea why she would spend her time studying for CFA…something just doesn’t add up

Well, it does add up at the end - combine beauty, knowledge and a dedicated, tough character and you get a super-efficient weapon no man can withstand. Put her into sales and she makes her first million within three years.

Finance is a field dominated by middle-aged to old guys - confronted with HER they will all fall one-by-one. Promised.

Just keep us updated if she will take the next exam, and in what section she will sit (L1 or L2).

she went there to pick attract and pick up someone

Funny thing is, as hot as this girl was, I didn’t see anyone even attempt to pick her up. Too focused on the exam I guess. Hopefully I will be in Philly next June for L2, and if she is there I will have to go talk to her…research…my wife will understand

Yea I noticed her too. But literally stared for only about two seconds and then continued to cram through my notes. Anybody who was wearing anything even remotely formal made me wonder, “Who are these people trying to impress, random people at Reading Terminal during lunch? Surely no one else cares if you dress nice to go sit through six hours of hell.”

I wasn’t in Philly but there was a lady taking the exam in Chicago who was all dolled up + wearing heels. She looked like she had her act together.

Nope I went there to pass the exam. Which I did. Was waiting until results were posted to reply to this forum.

You’re an idiot.

Love this!!!

LOL. Too classic. Jess- congrats on passing. Thought the Philly test center was well-done. I just enrolled for L2, looking forward to/dreading June 4, 2016.

Classic! If you are really that girl, go girl, you rock!! and congratulations!

One entire month before exam I think I did not even have time to look in mirror, and I was at my horrible worst on exam day.

Can never pull like this one!

so, if that candidate re-appeared in Philly - level 1 or level 2 section?

Omg this is such a great thread. Is jessica is really the girl that the guys here talking about? Lol you’re awesome jess!

It was jess’s first post. I’d put money on the fact that Jess is a dude.

+1

I stumbled upon this post/forum and I would also like to place a bet if I may. I would like to bet that as a society we have not evolved much if we aren’t able to accept someone who looks slightly different or dresses differently (too much skin, not enough skin etc.) for who they are and what they bring to the table. Why do we immedediately draw conclusions on this person’s ability (or lack of thereof) because of their looks. “She looks good, wears a nice dress … ah let me stop you right there, she has no clue about CFA material or anything for that matter- let’s put her in marketing and sales and make some use of her looks.” I am not sure, if I would like to sit across someone with such judgement in a job interview, let alone work with someone like that. The original poster obviously appears to have some kind of infatuation with this person, if so I would have recommended to go over and to her talk to her and ask her out on a date (given the original posters statements up there, I have my doubts about whether she’d say yes but that is not the point), but don’t pull the whole grade school version of pulling some girl that you like by her hair (in this case, talking smack behind her back in some anonymous forum). Alternatively, write a song about her, best songs are typically the ones about unfulfilled longing (case in point: Bon Jovi, back in their heyday, their songs were so good because they were all single and longed for that one woman, now they are all married and have kids and their songs suck, pardon my language, in their own words: “…like the poet needs the pain…”.). Not to cast aspersions on anyone, but this kind of talk I would have expected on some construction site from a couple guys who substituted beer for coffee long time ago (no judgement here: I come from a long line of construction workers and by the laws of association I have the right to insult as I deem necessary) or from some more conservative country that requires women to cover themselves (again no judgement, my ancestors are from such a country and by the laws of association…). In that context, lady in a skirt would probably make national news. But in Philly??? Seriously?? I have never been, but from what I saw in Rocky, it did not strike me as a that kind of place. Are we really that simple minded, that some girl in a skirt ruins an exam for us, that everyone studied very hard for (except for this girl- who is clearly going to pass without studying because the questions magically answer themselves for her). And in the 21st century, are we not able to see beyond someone’s looks. Is it really that unfathomamable that some girl can be good looking AND be highly skilled. Can’t we let people dress whatever way the deem appropriate (obviously, I am not condoning public indecency). Moreover, given the CFA’s requirements, I assume that the we all have college degrees or are on the way to get one. Shouldn’t we set a better example for society and strive for a place where our own daughters aren’t judged by their looks but rather by their skills? Come on folks, I believe we all can do better than this.