Elan 11th hour guide or Schweser Secret Sauce

Anyone used both before? Which one is better?

I’ve heard that most people prefer the 11th hour guide and I also think it is the best. However, it still contains some errors that can be dangerous, so keep that in mind.

Oh do they have an errata that points out those errors? That is definitely scary… Or is there a discussion thread for this? I am now currently studying with schweser notes, qbanks but want to also add elan’s videos, testbanks etc… but can’t decide

I am not sure if an errata exists but the only notable error in the 2015 version is the bond convexity formula.

Many people say that it is sufficient to study Schweser only. I don’t know if that applies to you. I watched some old Elanguides videos on youtube by Peter Olinto and Basit Shajani and I found them really good. The new instructor is said to be bad, though. Wiley’s practice questions are challenging and I think they are worth purchasing. You can find more information with the forum search function.

so I purchased wiley’s silver package, which includes the videos, practice, testbanks, and a few other things, but no 11th hour guide. so far I like it soley because of the portal setup. you have a dashboard and you take an assessment test at the beginning of each reading then they adjust your syllabus to focus on your weak area.

I did buy the schweser notes, and qbanks too, but no secret sauce.

It is a bit too much to read I would say, but the more practice questions the better, :slight_smile: