Choosing a QBank

Hi everyone,

I’ve been lurking for while, and contemplating the CFA for over a year and a half. A few months ago, I finally pulled the trigger and registered for December L1.

Working through the SchweserNotes in order and I’m about 60% through FRA, but I’m starting to feel like I need a question bank to keep things fresh.

I received a card in the mail about bloombergprep.com and I’m wondering what the consensus is on it. For $600 it seems like a decent system, including 6 full exams and 6,000 practice q’s, but after receiving a 57% on the baseline assessment, I’m concerned that the difficulty is not representative of the actual exam.

Alternatively, I’m considering just buying the Schweser QBank for $299 since it’s tried and tested (and cheaper).

Any advice?

Never heard of bloomberg prep but followed the advice of others on getting schweser qbank and it was invaluable.

I believe it just launched this year

A colleague recommended that AnalystNotes are both cheaper ($69) and more rigorous than the Schweser questions. Can anyone else attest to this?

I have never purchased a third party system, but I did sign up for the free daily email Level II practice questions from Schweser and they were the easiest questions I’ve ever seen. I don’t know if those are the types of questions from the qbank but if so I would be disappointed to pay for that. Or maybe I just knew the material very well. Which is definitely not the case.

I think there are plenty of questions in the CFAI material. You have blue box questions, EOC questions, the practice assessments on the website, and the mock exams CFAI produces.

That was plenty for me to pass Level I and Level II.

Just my thoughts. Good luck.

I used Apptuto (www.apptuto.com) they had a lot of advanced features and also a dedicated iphone app, and have a free trial so you can check them out. Im waiting for Level 2 from them to come out now.

Elans guides are extremely useful for l1 and l2. Their practice tests are even more useful.

they got bought out by Wiley so it may have changed, but I highly recommend Elan’s for the study guides/practice questions/mocks

Can’t beat Schweser for level I & II. Even though it is $300, would you rather spend the extra money and get a product that will give you a great opportunity to pass, or pay less and take the chance?

Do you have any practice exams? They’re arguably the most important piece for studying - I know I wouldn’t have passed without them.

Ended up buying the Kaplan Q bank and 6 of their practice exams. Wasn’t willing to trust the unproven system. I am also considering taking one of their live mocks if the local CFA society schedules one here.

Has anyone done one of the Kaplan live mocks? Are they helpful? Comparable?

I think you have use the qbank of kaplan and IFT.it veru useful help me

Apptuto has a great one. They have more than 3,000 questions that you can practice with on the web and their iPhone app as well. I’ve been doing 30 minutes of studying during my lunch break every day on their app and it has been working really well for me.