Economics

Hi guys,

how are you scoring on economics?

I am scoring more or less above 70% on all topics apart from economics, where my results are really volatile and sometimes I score 5/12 or 6/12 (41-50%). It really depends on the kind of question.

I just wanted to know if this happens only to me or to everyone (I think economics is really difficult to grasp…)

Just in my opinion, there is a lot of economics material for a portion of the exam that is only 10%. as im sure you noticed ethics for example is 15% and schweser gives us 100 pages of reading while economics is 10% and it gives us 300 pages of reading. If i were you, considering the limited time remaining, i would just focus on the main qualitative material of economics.

A lot of it is very obvious when it comes to S&D and movement along or shift in curves. from what i can think off the top of my head probably know the business cycle characteristics and the theories, the characteristics of the different Market structures, the BOP, maybe some of the calculations of exchange rates which is fairly easy, what the WTO the World bank and the IMF do, Central bank functions and objectives, exchange rate regimes, Trading blocs or regional trading agreements, auctions, …

and (again off the top of my head) if you have time for the quantitative stuff then the GDP equation and all the different variations, maybe the calcuations for indexes, elasticity, dead wieght loss/consumer surplus/producer surplus.

im sure im forgetting some stuff but ya definitely dont try and remember everything that is provided in the schweser notes considering the time remaining. from what i have heard through the grape vine economics is the topic that gives the most information to study but is not necessarily essential