Advice for next 10 days.

Hi guys, I am almost done with my second review and am on my last planned mock.

Mocks scores:

AM: 73%, 69%, 79%, 80%, 85%, 86%

PM: 79%,81%, 81%, 83%, 79%, 78%

CFA website full mock :80%

Weak sections: Ethics and fixed income. Although somehow I always score good on fixed income.

All in all 8 mocks 2nd review would be done and still 10 days would be left. Should I attempt more mocks? Or should I go for a 3rd review? Or both? Or some other strategy?

Plus any suggesstions how to calm your nerves? I have been consistently freaking out for a couple of days now.

All inputs are appreciated. Thanks guys.

You seems to be doing just fine… Like Daharmattan1 said, review, review and review your weak areas. I am in similar boat as you, scoring around 76-80% in Mock, and still preparing for my Msc Econs exam on Next week Monday and Tuesday… The best thing now is to focus on my weak areas from Tuesday Evening, and try to perfect it prior to Saturday.

Thanks guys. This was really helpful.

YWC

Scores look good. Spend the rest of the time doing more questions and writing your formula sheet a dozen times.

Those are really good marks. My highest mark is equivalent to your lowest, how do you guys get such high marks? Which mocks were you doing?

Thanks. I dont have a formula sheet. I am really bad at memorizing independently so for formulas I do tons of questions.

Practice tau281290. Attempt as many questions as you can. I am using CFA official mocks which are available on the website and schweser mocks.

Up to this point I’ve taken 5 schweser and am planning on taking a CFAI one this thursday. Have you seen any big differences in how the questions are asked or are they pretty similar?

Honestly, I didnt like the CFAI mocks. First of all around 15-20% of the questions were repeated from the topic test. Secondly some questions were unnecessarily worded. And lastly I found them to be easier than schweser mocks. Plus some other stuff like they calculate the scores as arithematic average, there wasnt a break in the full length test etc. But you should still attempt them for practice.

I attempted both Schweser and CFAI mock, and it has been going on fine… The secret is all about going over the mock you have done over and over to increase your efficiency in the questions you dont know… Everytime i take the CFAI mock, i save the result on my laptop, and go through them like 2-3 times just to understand the concept i missed and those i guessed right… That is the take right there.

So you guys are saying you’re doing the same mock over and over again? Then of course you can get over 80% easily. WHat I was saying was doing a complete new set of mock with questions you have never seen before. How do you get over 80% for that??

Agree that the Schweser mocks definitely seem a little more challenging than CFAI. The CFAI Topic Tests are harder still though IMO!

Tau, I haven’t repeated any mocks as yet, but have found it effective to really scrutinise the results in my review. Whenever I get a question wrong I make sure to really understand the explanation; if I don’t get it, I return to the text (CFAI, Schweser, or both) and learn the concept. S2000’s website is an absolute godsend as well, really helped me to understand leases, which seem to crop up a huge number of questions.

Good luck!

I too haven’t repeated any mocks. I follow the same process as studyguy18, review all the questions and understand their explanations. And I also agree regarding s2000magician’s website, very helpful. Tau, in my opinion tons of practice will help you get good scores. Know the concepts and solidify them with practice.

I have done up to 8 different mock exams after the CFAI mock. Going through the earlier mocks you did will help you better understand some concept you missed, and when you come across something like that in other mocks, you will be able to solve them easily.

I took a fresh schweser mock yesterday evening when i got home from work with a score of 79%, and i plan to take another fresh one this evening, while i will review both on Saturday for efficiency, then re-take those mocks again on Sunday to see if I have made any form improvement…

So, the point here is that by going over the things you got wrong in other mocks, you stand a chance of not falling for similar question going forward.

id bet money you pass with those mock score