How many past papers?

So I will finish reading all of schweser on Sunday (completed all end of chapter questions exc challenge problems). I have the week off next week and i recon I can complete 3 mocks/day starting Monday. That’s 15 mocks if I push myself but more like 12 if I work a steady pace inc CFAI mock. Is this enough in your experience? How many mocks do you usually do before the level 1? I assume people do on average 6-8 but could be wrong.

Thanks

completing 3 mocks per day (including reviewing LOS of wrong questions) seems far-fetched.

Yes, doing as many mocks as you can is important but you need to take the time afterwards to thoroughly review the questions/topics you got wrong.

I think I only did 2 mocks for level 1, but I did QBank for topics I was having trouble with.

Yes you are right, 3 per day will be a push but is doable if required. I think 1 paper plus review = 5 hours. So 15 hours of work-time per day + 2 hours of breaks. That leaves 7 hours of sleep which is comfortable.

Ideally review time should decease the more you do the mocks so after a few days this would be less strenuous. I guess I will see how the first few go and ramp up/down as needed.

Congrats on passing with 2 mocks, I definitely would not be able to do that I think at this stage!

thanks

AM + PM + review under 5 hours is impressive. Best of luck

I should have been clearer - I meant just one paper [AM or PM not both]. Of course two 3 hour papers and review under 5 hours is impossible. I am no genius, however hard I may try.

Just curious, how much of your portion is yet to be completed till now ?

still have equities, derivatives, alternatives & ethics to cover over this weekend. May skim ethics though - I hear practice is better than reading for this topic.

EXACTLY for ethics is a memorizing subject and we just need to do well with recalling stuff n facts!!

Yeah. That is what I do for every theory subject. Instead of spending more time on reading, I start solving and keep a different book to note down the errors I made or certain points I was unaware of existence. But is this your first reading ? Or Second reading ?

First reading but have already covered most of the topics in previous studies / day job. FRA, Fixed Income & Quants are my weaker areas so covered them first. Left it pretty tight with only a week to go for practice papers but hoping it is enough !