Need Last Min Advice Please!

Hi all,

The level 1 exam is in a week, so far I’ve taken several mock exams and I’m averaging between low and mid 70’s overall. The only concerning thing is my Ethics scores seem to be getting worse with every exam. My last exam I scored a 55% on ethics… I’ve read both Kaplan and CFAI text on ethics but it seems like there is always some minor nuance to every question that trips me up, something just isn’t clicking.

Any advice on how to better approach the ethics questions aside from exhausting the Qbank between now and exam time?

Thanks

Which mocks have you been doing? I’ve found the Schweser mocks word their questions different from the CFAI ones and it is likely that the exam ethics questions will be worded similarly to the CFAI questions.

What helped me was actually focusing on wording of each of the standards and then putting it together with the bullets from “highlights” section for each standard (CFAI material). I also CTRL+Fed the whole reading for words approve/consent, becuase I was making a lot of mistakes in questions which focused on these aspects of the standards.

Your scores are acceptable if you are keeping up with the time alloted, regarding the ethics i’d suggest you more practicing, also you may need to test the logic twice before answering.

i suggest memorizing the code of ethics

a

a