How was your CFA Level 1 test guys? note: do not violate any Code of Ethics or SPC in answering this question..

[original post removed]

Summarizing my overall experience below:

-I found the PM much easier to handle than the AM. Could overhear candidates having the same notion after we got out of the examination hall.

-As far as the result goes, hoping I get through. If not, mentally prepared to take it again. I have no idea how they grade it!!

-Saw someone dropping their calculator at the centre!! Gotta carry 2 of them!!

-Thanked my mom for having packed my lunch!! It would have been suicide having gone there without carrying food.

I’m wondering how the North Americans feel about the test. (I think there is a difference right?) I thought the AM was OK but the PM was extremely difficult. I heard most of the people say the same thing about the PM section.

So people in Canada, US…What are your thoughts?

Dabbawala?

I carried a box with like 2 potato sandwiches! The last thing you want to do is wait in a long queue (about a hundred people and not exaggerating) to eat before another 3 hour test.

For me and some guys I’ve spoken to, AM was nightmare material. PM was much easier.

WOW! I wonder if they switch it up in Toronto to Montreal!? :slight_smile:

i think PM is harder than AM :frowning:

AM nightmare, PM easier. Not sure what they wanted to achieve with the AM test.

Still buzzing from AM session…

I gave the exam in Paris. AM was super easy, PM was tricky.

I found the PM more difficult than the AM. Surely it’s the same exam everywhere…?

On the way into the AM I had a bloke ask me if he could borrow my spare calc until the end of the day… I said something along the lines of ‘no, sorry man I specifically went out & bought myself a back-up calculator for the exam.’ I felt bad for him at first… but then I thought who forgets to bring their calc to the CFA exam…? Or if he had one & it broke, this is where a back-up would be helpful.

First post on AF!

I thought the PM session was harder than the AM, at least for certain sections. Either way, I felt pretty good coming out of it. Guess we’ll see in two months :slight_smile:

I’m more concerned about finishing with more time remaining than I thought I would have. Anyone else experienced that as well?

Personally, I feel like the AM test is much easier than the PM. I put in around 12 hours/ day for three weeks prior to the test. The most difficult portion for me was Ethics since I have not put that much effort into it, which is a huge mistake but… hopefully it will be fine.

I felt that the PM was a lot easier to get through than the AM, depending on the sections…So everyone here pretty much had the samen experience. This is my second try for Level 1 (tried it already in December and got band 10), so hopefully i cleared it this time. On the whole i walked out more confident at the end of the day than I did in december…we will see in 2 months indeed. Had some incompetent proctors though in my section…

Personally, I thought the AM was much more palatable than the PM session… the PM session made me believe I would be retaking this again in December.

I studied with Schweser but I’m considering studying with CFAI this time and I’m considering starting at the end of June. Worst case, I pass and I gain some knowledge on econ I know I never had in the meantime. Worst case, I get a headstart for December.

I don’t remember any asset management questions on the exam…

I’ve heard that alot of people found PM and Derivatives to be the most difficult part of the exam, but I was taking 2 PM classes and one derivatives class while studying for this, so it was a breeze. Such a shame that it was only a fraction of the exam. I did not study the economics portion because it’s the one subject I will simply never understand.

Overall, I feel that the exam was not as hard as expected. I am glad there were not many calculations required in the Quantitative Methods part, because I couldn’t remember all the formulas.

EDIT: I now realize AM/PM referred to the morning and afternoon sessions. Yes, AM was much easier than PM. I am so stupid :smiley:

Same here! I believe I did really well, but we will find out in a couple of months.

The person beside me kept sighing every 3 questions or so lol :\