Study Plan - Level II

Congratulations to everyone who sat for Level I on Saturday. What a way to spend a beautiful Saturday.

Question for you as we look forward to Level II - What are your plans for starting to study for Level II?

On one hand, I can see the wisdom of waiting until we actually get our results to know which exam to prepare for. Also, I am sure we are all pretty frazzled at this point and could use a little time off.

On the other, the Level I stuff will never be clearer in our heads than it is right now and I am not looking forward to re-learning all the Level I stuff that I’m inevitably going to forget between now and when my Level II study begins.

Any thoughts?

The new level II stuff isn’t out yet, so it might be difficult to really start to study, also if you start again in September you probably won’t need to really do too much re-learning. If you are really worried your going to completely forget everything just do light review of level I stuff.

But I would just wait, it’s really just the basics of Level I you need to remember and it will all come back to you once you start studying. Really I can’t imagine a situation where someone who forgets time value of money and basic accounting in 3 months will then be able to go on and pass Level I (to say nothing of that same person passing Level II). Cool your jets for 3 months or if you really want to be scholarly just learn something related the you don’t know yet (3 statement and valuation related modeling being the most obvious).

Kick back & enjoy the summer for a couple of months. I’ll think more about it when results come.

^ Second that! Please take some time off to chill and relax!

You have obviously worked really hard buddy. Take a step back and you will be more successful!