Difference between June and December

Hi guys,

I am quite new here and with CFA exams, so I am here to ask you, is there any difference in June and Dec exams, are LOSs different, and generally what is he difference between June and December?

and where can I inform about that?

Thank you in advance! S_P

June an December are the same thing in terms of LOSes. However in December only Level 1 is offered.

Info can be found right at the source:

https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/Pages/index.aspx

Thanks for the answer, because I am thinking of learning from CFA books, and as additional if I need some explanations i would like to take Schweser books from the friend.he just took june level 1 exam.

But I wont to take Schweser books if there are some differences beetwen June 2016 and December 2016.

But if it the same, then, thanks for the explanation.!!!

They cover exactly the same material.

The exams, of course, will be different (i.e., different questions).

The biggest difference is that the June exam is offered in June. Whereas the December exam is offered in December.

Question 1 in June is always C Question 1 in December is always A :).

M and Z, rather.

good one

also pretty good!!

I was trying pretty hard to come up with something myself to no avail, so good job guys!!

wow, you are so funny… I have never seen or heard in my life… :slight_smile:

Hello, everyone.

I am preparing for December 2016. Just started two weeks ago and still struggling with the first book. I am so committed to spending time and dedicate 5 months to studying. but I am going too slow :frowning: do you think it is possible to make it for this December? I am asking this question because people who took the level 1 might be more realistic than me in terms of actual time needed for good preparation.

Please everyone ! give me any advice, I am so in need of advice :))

@maryamprz

set a schedule depending on the volume of each study session and the weight on the exam, make sure to allocate the final month or two for practice/mock exams. Stick to that schedule and try not to spend too much time on one area.

Hi Anbu

That is exactly whT I am trying to do, but isn’t it that I have to fully understand the topic before I move on?

I assume your answer means it is possible to make it until December if I stick to Schedule.

Thanks for your respond.

I agree with Anbu.

Try to understand the material as well as possible, but try not to get stuck on one topic. Thus, stick to the schedule and leave yourself those 1-2 months to practice mock exams.

By the time you do mocks the material will have settled in your mind and you will be able to put the topics into context (as in how important they are, how do they relate to other topics etc.), then you will be able to work on your weak spots more efficiently.

^ Exactly

And If you understand 40-70% of the topic you can move on, some topics wont stick or make sense until the second pass.