How Long to Read Level 1 CFA Curriculum

How long does it take to read the entire CFA Curriculum for level 1?

Thanks!

I’d plan on at least half a day.

But only if you avoid extensive coffee breaks (and ignore funny videos on youtube etc.). Otherwise, I would add in another hour.

Are you joking? How is it possible to read the entire curriculum in 12 hours??

I can only speak for myself, but I found these magic beans a while ago, and ever since, I can read/study much faster.

In case you don’t have access to magic beans, there is this website that helps you grasp material much quicker than the average student:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sarcasm

I was not serious. I pretended to be serious. That was my sarcasm

Well, after all I heard read in this forum it woudn’t have been far fetched…

Thank you! You made my day again :smiley:

I am glad someone liked it :slight_smile:

FANTASTIC!

Depends on how fast you read, whether you do the EOC questions and whether you do the Blue Box questions. If memory serves, it’s ~3200 pages of text with many, many practice problems scattered in.

So…there are a lot of variables, but it takes a long ass time any way you cut it if you’re reading cover to cover on all six volumes. Probably about 2-3 months for the average candidate devoting reasonable time to it.

If you mean just reading the text, I think there is probably like 2200 pages of actual text vs the 1000 pages of EOC and EOC answers.

It took me about an hour to read 15 pages…so around 150 hours JUST TO READ the text. This is not inclusive of doing the EOCS or not taking.

My method was only read the text the first way through (and the blue box questions), then go back through a second time and take notes, THEN do the EOCS and practice exams, etc.