How much reading is required from Schweser Notes

Hi Guys, I am first time CFA L1 taker in December 2016. I got the package from schwesers and looks like each book has more them 300 pages reading. can any one please suggest do i really have to read every page or there is different way to study this material. Thank you for your advise in Advance

All of it.

Required? 0 pages. They’ll let you take the exam assuming you’ve registered.

I would suggest reading through them more than once. Every page too. Remember they are called Schweser “Notes” meaning they’ve already heavily condensed the CFAI curriculum and can sometimes miss items from the CBOK that will be tested.

Especially at L1, some candidates find that their professional or educational backgrounds run concurrent with the topics tested, so you may be already ahead of the game in certain sections. I would still at least do one pass through just to be sure.

Allocate your time based on your strengths and weaknesses. In areas where you’re strong, you can afford to glance through the material (I wouldn’t recommend skipping any topic altogether). In weak areas, you should spend additional time going through the content multiple times until you get it. Here’s what I did. I knew straight off the bat FRA was my weakest area. So I started with FRA and grinded through every page. I did Econ last because I’m an Econ major. Glanced through the content in 5 days and focused on practice questions more.

If you think schweser books is thick, try the curriculum and you will see how condensed those books are. You should read the whole schweser notes and read more than once as you will easily forget the first thing you read on those books in a day or two.

If you want to pass, read it all.

Every noun, every verb, every adjective, adverb, preposition, article. Everything.

Every formula, every example.

Every word.

Everything.

You should be sweet with every 2nd or 3rd page. If you’re doing every 2nd, I’d hazard a guess & say perhaps the even pages are in the money. With every 3rd you get both even & odd pages, although less of them.

Nice.

and as for old material not present - cross reference the book to see if that material covered before is there in this year’s required readings / LOS.

Remember you are reading a highly abridged edition of the curriculum with Schweser.