Income Statement: Sales vs Revenue

I just realized both Sales and Revenue are listed in the Schweser formula sheet. I had been using them interchangeably previously. This piqued my curiosity, so I Google Imaged the income statement - both revenue and sales are being used. So my question is:

Revenue = Sales ?

Revenue = Sales = Net Credit Sales = Sales on Credit - Sales Returns - Sales Allowances

Reference:

Schweser : Receivables Turnover:

Annual Sales / Average Receivables ; where annual sales = net credit sales = sales on credit - sales returns - sales allowances ???

Schweser : Common-Size Income Statement Ratios:

Income Statement Account / Sales (Sales --> Net Credit Sales??)

Schweser : Common-Size Cash Flow Ratios:

Cash Flow Statement Account / Revenues

TL;DR: What the heck is “Annual Sales” vs “Sales” vs “Revenues”. Poor wording or is it context dependent?

Thank you!

Revenue and Sales are the same thing

How about Revenues and Net Credit Sales?

What does the income statement use for its first line … net credit sales or revenue?

You may consider operating revenue = sales. This is just a terminology. Doesn’t matter if Sales means sales on credit or sales for cash.

Ok, so the conclusion is that there is no distinction between Revenue, Sales, Net Credit Sales, Sales on Credit, and Sales for cash. Thank you!!!

In the context of Income statement you have to distinguish GP, EBIT and NI and which kind of revenues and expenses is contained in each of mentioned IS level.

In another context may be important to distinguish sales on credit and sales on cash (eg. operating cycle measures).

Many thanks Flashback. As always, your help is really appreciated.