Finally taking the plunge but unsure as to which date I should be signing up for. I graduated from undergrad over six years ago with a BA in Economics and am an FA who’s been in the industry for a few years now. I think that the material covered in Level I will, for the most part, be brand new to me, so I would imagine I will need to really put my nose to the grindstone with studying. Nonetheless, I still have all of September, October, and November to study if I sign up for Level I, so a big part of me thinks that should be plenty of time to prepare. Any thoughts on that time frame?

If you’re committed you could take a run at the coveted 18 month CFA designation. All the BSD’s have it.

3 months is more than enough time to study for level 1 if you go full bore into it. Plus if you pass you could enroll for level 2 right after. I spent about 2 months studying for L1 but I did accounting and economics in school (made 25% of the exam really easy).

I’m taking the December and started studying 3 weeks ago. Didn’t get really into it until last week. Using 2011 CFA book and 2015 Schweser notes… I have an engineering background, no finance except for my interest in stock investments. With your background, I think it’ll make it easier.

I plan to just try to read the entire book, flip through the notes, watch some youtube videos, and go through all the practice examples.

Also, if anyone has access to mock exams or qbank, please let me know! Would greatly appreciate it!

Good luck!

^ I second that, got into it only just 3 weeks ago - but doing my 2h daily on weekdays and I try to do more during week end, the begin is quite hard to get yourself up to speed but once you’re there you’ll be fine !

Same here. I’ve started about 3 weeks ago. Best of luck

I would sign up for the June exam. This is a tough academic exercise of which you have never experienced. The review process is just as critical as the first run thru of the material. It’s as much a project management exercise as a financial analyst exercise. I hate to put a damper on your enthusiasm to complete the exam in a couple of months. But the probably of success starting this late especially if this material is new to you is very low. Just look up the historical pass rates on the CFA website. Less than 9% of all candidates that attempt this exam process get the charter. Since 2007 it’s less than 8%.

Oh Depak26 can you define going “Full Bore”?