This was my second time writing L1

Back in June, I got a scoreband of 8/10, and this was with getting <50% on FRA and Fixed Income - two very big sections.

Do you guys think I passed this time :smiley:

Smh I’m probably going to get scoreband 10/10

If you have already give it all in, u shouldn’t have to worry about it.

I’d cry if I got scoreband 10/10… What did your mock test scores look like?

First time I sat for level one, I got band 7. Second time, I got band 10 (June 2016) and to be honest, took a solid week to mentally process it. Just sat for the THIRD and likely final time if I didn’t pass (which I think I did). But want to point out that the reality is that you might not have passed and preparing yourself mentally ahead of time for either outcome is going to be best for your sanity and overall well-being.

If you put in the time though, I have a feeling you will be fine. Ironically, I too bombed FI and FRA. Hopefully you focused your efforts in those areas while reviewing and marginally improving other areas. keep in mind it is estimated that a maximum of 6 questions separate each band, so this would mean in theory you would have needed to improve by 13 questions minimum.

I definitely improved on FRA. On my first attempt, I think I guessed everything on that section. Fixed Income is a mystery to me lol.

I used a Q-bank for the June exam and literally did not read a single word of CFAI curriculum (probably not a good idea) and failed band 10. Fixed Income I absolutely crushed this time around. I am pretty certain I didn’t miss a single question in the AM and the PM there were 2 I had to make a 50/50 guess on. Wish I could say the same for FRA, especially since FRA is worth so much. Still felt like I did well though, probably mid high 60’s on it if I were to guess…

I literally guess on 90 percent of FI questions in June also haha. When my results came in and I saw under 50 percent correct, I thought to myself, ya know what? As much as everyone hates it (including myself) and how unsexy it may be, I am going to really jump into the material, and did.

Great thing is, you can completely bomb FI STILL and pass. That is the blessing and the curse of the exam. MOSTLY equally distributed weights…

Man such an anxious wait until January 27 to get the results.

Especially anxious because I am quite confident I got something between 65-70 on the exam and from what I read this does not guarantee a pass. It is a danger zone where I could be band 10 or a pass.

Hopefully forces are on my side and I will promise to put day and night in for level 2.

If I end up failing then I won’t complain and actually study more because I know I took the exam lightly (foolish I know) !

I passed…did 30 topic tests for FRA and still got 51-70. Somehow got >70 on FI lmao

Congrats 2model! Now go and slay that beast of Level II !!!

I got band 9 this past December scoring *<50% for both FRA and Fixed Income. I’m ready to tackle it in June!

I already know you will pass then :slight_smile:

Appreciate it! smiley