Studying strategy Kaplan

Hi,

I have just bought Kaplan for Level 1 (only books) and I was wondering how would you tackle your studies with both the official material and Kaplan?

I was thinking I should go through Kaplan’s material, do the examples, and if I understand OK switch to the EOC questions of the official curriculum. What do you think?

My aim is rather to use the official curriculum as a reference when needed because to much volume that is!! I would favor using Kaplan only for lesson and use both for practice. What is your thought?

Thanks

Fred

Read the Kaplan notes, go to the official material if you need clarification or further background on anything (Kaplan can be very brief sometimes). I’d skip the Kaplan EOC questions in the interest of time, but do all the examples (both Kaplan and official) and the EOC in the official material. The official examples are particularly useful for illustrating concepts and making sure you really understand what you’ve just read through.

Thanks Crito

In the beginning, I made the mistake of doing the Schweser questions only… In the last month I realized the CFAI EOC were much better phrased and concise. Highly recommend doing the CFAI EOC and topic tests are key. Those topic tests are your barometer for how well you understand the material.

Thanks for your reply.

Are those topic tests those from Kaplan available on the website?

Once you register for the exam, you can find the topic tests in your CFA candidate resources.

Thank you for your reply mate !