Citing CFA L1 Candidate on resume, after writing the test?

Hi Everyone!

So I know the rule for CFA L1 candidates is to leave “CFA Level 1 Candidate” on your resume until you get results, to then (Hopefully) change it to “Passed CFA Level 1”, but is there a way within CFAI’s rules to somehow state that you wrote December and are just waiting for results?

I’m starting to apply to summer jobs and some applications have their unposting date before results come out, so I’m looking for a way to let them know I already sat the exam and will be receiving results soon, instead of planning to write the June exam.

Thanks in advance!

I don’t think that there is any such differential rule by CFAI regarding this. However, you can always write a line in the resume - Appeared for December 2016 CFA level I exam and awaiting results.

So just like a bullet point under “CFA Level 1 Candidate” I would be able to briefly explain that I already sat the exam?

I think you can always state the facts.

Just Put CFA Level 1 Candidate and then pertinent details on resume in bullet points: - Arrived at exam centre 90 minutes early - Finished first portion 20 minutes early, reviewed for 10 minutes, meditated for 5 minutes - Finished second portion 10 minutes late (yes honesty is the best policy) Surely your honesty and attention to detail will land you at least an interview in Private Equity or the like.