My study method: Charting progress against the 300 hours. (Excel file attached)

Hey guys,

Wanna share the CFA level II study plan i’m currently using to track my progress. I’m a visual type so it’s useful (and rewarding) to see how i’m progressing against the clock.

Check it out here: http://www.mediafire.com/?rue6r1eaq4d7t3i

The attached sheet shows

• Entire level II curriculum (‘Progress’ tab) with option to mark ‘No | Yes | Progress’ against each reading. This is measured as a percent against all 64 topics.

• Free time per day from now until exam day is entered on second ‘Time’ tab and actual time spent studying is entered in the ‘worked’ column as you go along. This counts against the target 300 hours to give you a percentage of hours put in against target. This shows as a percentage and as a area and pie chart.

• A ‘productive’ rating. A quick made up metric measuring how productive I was over the last 3 days (Hours put in against hours I allocated for study).

Hope this may help some of you, others might want to keep is simple. For me the visual feedback keeps me going. “Just another couple of percent and i’ll take a break!”.

And good luck to those sitting in June. Keep focused!

You’re kicking ass. And gonna pass!

This is a cool stuff! I am using it! Thanks!

Appreciate the effort bro! And thanks for reminding me that I’m boned :wink: Just a quick question…in the progress tab, what did you mean by R and S-complete columns?

Hi WhiteCollar_bud - Ha, think we all feel a little like that. I didn’t plan on sharing so some things probably make little sense. R is for Reading, as in the official CFA curriculum whereas S is for the Schweser notes. If you only plan on using Schweser you could delete the “R complete column” and vice versa. Customize it until it fits your way of thinking about that data. TombaLaBomba - Cool. alzayats - Haha, that rhymes and you know it! Right now i’m “Doing good. But try do great”. Think I need to close the laptop :slight_smile:

this is great work!!.

Wow. how long did it take to make this??

nice, you can share in google document to update it everyday

Great post. A must-read for everyone who is feeling lazy today.

Wooowwww I have never seen prep so neatly planned…this stuff is amazing it has actually inspired me

thanks man

How are you guys using this in a google doc as well? Ideally, I’d like my Excel prep plan to be update-able in google docs and vice versa… I’ve tried Cloud Connect before and it’s real buggy.

Just bumping this thread up - I usaed the tracker Yokisan shared and it was really helpful - considering I started studying fopr L2 after December results.

Hope this helps the incoming L2 candidates as well.

I cleared my L2 this time. Appreciate your effort to build an excel model, but you could have saved couple of hours and finisherd another LOS. Just a thought. All the best.

Hey thanks! It will be a great help because I used to clock the hours manually in my notebook before.