Level 2 in one month?

I’m currently finishing my undergrad so I will only have one month to study for level 2. Do you think it’s possible to do this studying at least 8 hours every day.? I wrote level one and passed after studying 8 hours a day for two weeks. I come from an engineering background so i have a lot of practice with studying large amounts of material in a short amount of time.

I’ve known 2 people who did that and passed. But one was working towards his Ph.D., and the other graduated near the top of his class from a top Ivy. I’m sure it’s doable, but definitely not the norm nor recommended.

engineer this:

pass rate = 35% for ave 320 hours of study.

8 hrs day x 30 days = 240 hours

what is the probability of passing?

level 1 is child’s play compared to level II.

second, what is the the oppportunity cost of your time to take 30 days of your life to try, pretty low, so what do you have to lose to try, regardless of the probability.

worst case, you have part of the material in your head for the next time if you fail, penalty for failure is the cost of your time + cost of exam, small price.

don’t ask, just do it.

Or, alternatively, you get hold of someone’s used books and start study e.g. ethics and get a general overview from these books, and prepare for the exam in June 2013. The pass rate is low and those taking the exam isn’t always on their first attempt, so my guess is that the pass rate for newcomers is even lower. I wouldn’t have tried it given what I know about the exam (am not on my first attempt at it).

I had three months the first time I took it and it was a drop in the bucket regarding time compared to what it takes to pass.

I am taking a completely different preparation approach this time.

I’m with Kedgar. You’re not certain to pass, but it would be worthwhile trying. If you fail, your effort will still be a good foundation for passing the June 2013 exam.

I passed L2 (barely) on first attempt with 5 weeks of INTENSE FULLTIME study totalling maybe 250 hours. So I don’t doubt that there are slightly-brighter people that could do it with 4 weeks.

Your claim that you passed L1 with 2 weeks of study and an engineering undergrad is pretty incredible. (Unless your studies included significant coursework in economics, finance, acccounting, security analysis, portfolio management, etc.)

Wendy,

Please describe your education/ and revelant work experience leading up to L II test.

please also share the study plan you followed. I would be admitted to the nearest pysch ward if I did all these readings in 1 month.

I would like to have the gall to wait till last 5 weeks to attempt, I would be scared to death all the time something would interrupt my effort.

I am in awe of you accomplishment. smiley

thanks

Thanks everyone for your input!

Level 1 in two weeks was not easy and very stressful. I had not taken a buisness course prior to the test but was motivated by doing an internship at an engineering firm which I hated. I finished the last topic the day before the test and luckily passed with out reviewing the material.

If level 2 is that much harder than level 1 I think I will wait a year on this and write it in 2013. The opportunity cost is pretty high on this for me since it will be the last time in my life that I will have no job and this much free time. I think I will take this time to travel and get some life experiences before I start my career.

All of your comments have been very helpful in helping me reach this conclusion. Thanks!

Congrats on level 1 accomplishments.

But I would say for level 2, with such amounts of studying, you would be relying purely on your luck.

Congrats on level 1 accomplishments.

But I would say for level 2, with such amounts of studying, you would be relying purely on your luck.

ask Bromion, he’d do it in a week.

At a minimum, how much study time will it take to pass level 2? Accounting undergrad, CPA/attorney.

The accounting background will be a huge advantage at Level II, L2 is almost one-quarter financial reporting and analysis.

But you’re still probably looking at 250 hours of prep time, give or take.

So you think I can ram level 1 in Dec in 2012 and sell out for level 2 in June 2013? I would think I would be running on fumes…

Thousands of 22-year-olds do this successfully every year.

Do I think you could achieve the same? Without knowing you, it’s hard for me to say.

Check out some of the threads in here, a lot of people are doing just that.