Level 2 exam: topic weighting

What are the topic weightings for the Level 2 exams? Where does CFA Institute provide this information?

Thank you.

On its website

There’s a new technology you might have heard of called a “search engine”.

Try googling “CFA Level 2 topic weights” and see what you get.

90% ethics, each other topic is ~1.11%, repeating of course.

What are they implying with the varying weights, ie ethics 10-15%, quant 5-10% etc.

How should i interpret this.

(just passed L1)

Using Quant as an example, it means Quant will be a minimum of 5% of the exam and a maximum of 10% of the exam. As there are 20 item sets on the exam, each containing 6 questions, each item set equates to 5% of the exam. So, Quant could have one item set (6 questions) or two item sets (12 questions).

don’t want say too much, but as after passing June 16 level 2 you might want to look through the level 2 results thread

thanks for not saying too much

And we will not know about this weighting till the actual exam, or even after?

https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/exams/Pages/exam_topic_area_weights.aspx

Correct. The only information that you will be given about the weightings is the ranges that have been made available. I imagine that you could work it out on exam day by counting the item sets, but I would say your efforts are better placed answering the questions! :smiley:

As I see it the challenge here is that we really can’t afford to have weak areas, as even the lower-weighted topics (by ranges) could potentially be big enough to hurt significantly. A challenge, but definitely fair enough in my view.