Level II Test in Dec? Is this true? What do you think?

According to this article, there will be a Level II test in December starting in 2014.

Do you believe this is true? What are your thoughts?

CFA Institute Announces A December Schedule for the CFA Level II Exam

I’d be more inclined to believe it if it were on CFA Institute’s website.

That if you pass the Level II exam in June, it doesn’t matter whether it’s true or not.

Doesn’t help any of us. Well assuming I pass this june or next june ahahah

its good news for those who write L1 in dec and get 10 months to study

fuck its only for 2014 and onwards, I was hoping there was a Dec. 2013

I hope they include level 3 in december too

Why not Level III as well? Avril Narr: Because of the nature of the Level III exam, it is a significantly more complicated exercise to structure and grade 2 sets of Level III exams. Combined with the further lower volume of CFA Level III candidates, we decided not to offer Level III in December at this time. Of course, we will continue to monitor this and evolve the format as necessary.

Bullshit, with the amount of exam fees they get, CFAI should be able to do December Level 3 too. But judging by their history they will have 2 level 3 exams starting from 2023

This is horseshit. If they intend to do this, I hope they lower the pass rate to below 25%.

‘April Fool’…Right? or no…? indecision

It’s an April fool’s prank… quit wasting time and get back to work.

Narrsounds about right.

True, it’s an prank. If you click on the link, the Wikipedia April Fool’s site pops up.

Love how pierre got all worked up and emotional.

It’s smart frank, got me…

But it could be true in future

I still beleived this (they sent me a link by email when they first posted this article) until I just looked it up!

So much for resitting in December then!

This has to be one of the least amusing April Fool’s jokes I’ve ever seen. Anyone can make up a completely untrue, but entirely plausible, fact and present it as truth.

Isn’t the point of an April Fool’s joke to get people to believe something that’s implausible , something which when you apply common-sense to it, is completely ridiculous? Like these http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/aprilfool/

The humour lies in getting people to fall for something which is just stupid when you think about it…whereas this is just a pretty banal piece of information which could just as easily have been true. I’ve got to admit I don’t get it - glad I didn’t see it at the time.

If it’s untrue, it isn’t a fact, and vice-versa.

I was definitely ignorantly guilty of perpetuating this rumor amongst my CFA buddies when the original article was written. This would be awesome if CFAI would consider.

You think that now, but once you pass it I bet you’ll change your tune. As I’m sure many will agree, I prefer everyone to have same obstacles and risk of not being able to take it for a year if they fail.

Ahh … I see your point. Hopefully I won’t have to worry about this anyway come July 29.