How should I buy CFA Level II printed curriculum

Hi guys,

I was enrolling for CFA Level II exams in June 2014, however, couldn’t find any option for buying Printed Curriculum. Just e-Curriculum option comes, which I honestly don’t enjoy. The link given on the CFA website, just takes me from here to there, without leading to anything specific.

Has anyone bought hard copy curriculum? Any pointers / links will be appreciated.

Thanks.

I bought a printed copy. You can sign on to your account, and go to the “My CFA” link on top. On the left side, click on “Candidate Resources”. Along the right side, you should see a message that says, “June 2014 Candidates - June 2014 candidates may purchase the print version of the June 2014 curriculum for their level.”

Hi cfagenius24,

Log in ur CFA account, you will find the option to purchase the printed cirriculum on the right hand corner.

Yeah it took me a while to realize, but you need to register for the exam and become a “candidate” before you can order the print books.

Also, why are we forced to spend 150 for e-book? That is so dumb

Just think of it as a discount to choose E-book rather than a premium on print? $150 here and there seems like a minor hangup

This is ridiculous. I clicked on the link for printed curriculum and it directed me back to Cadidate Resourced and no where can I find and select printed curriculum. All the avalable links just directed me back and forth to various pages. First they shoved the stupid ebooks to us for $150 and then they did not put printed curriculum at the right place. Who are these people? What’s on their mind?

Phone CFA Institute and ask them.

Use link below…I actually just ordered the print curriculum… for USD640 :-)…there is no need to purchase the e-book as well if you hate it as much as i do.

https://www.cfainstitute.org/finsecustomer_sso/start.swe?SWECmd=InvokeMe

The link works for printed curriculum. It’s rediculous it’s not listed by the side of registration. The only obvious link on the registration page would lead to nowhere to purchase it. But for the registration of the 2014 exam the ebook (at $150) is included in the total $620 fees. So far I haven’t heard anybody completed the registration and bought the printed curriculum without having to pay for the ebooks. So the total fees are $790. Damn it, must pass it in 2014.

I agree, its $790 inclusive of shipping, exclusive of tax and custom fees, if any. Unless they changed their pricing policy. I wouldn’t expect it though.

If you think about the time which all of us have to invest in order to pass this one, the one time cost of $790 seems like loose change.

In the end I am not as unhappy with the ebook solution Vitalsource anymore. I finally figured out how best to use it (download the software and content to your pc) and it helps to print out summaries, eoc’s and blue (grey) box.

it is possible to only get the print curriculum…use link in my earlier post… I registered and purchased only the prinited curriculum yesterday…maybe I was just lucky because the whole hidden link think is kind of misleading…I initially i budgeted to pay USD790 but and on my check out I had both the ebook and print curriculum…for some reason my card had an error…so i had to go back and used the same link again…and it gave me two options…ebook and print… I Chose print curriculum and voila…total amount was 640…I Saved!..I even got the receipt below:

Amount paid: $640.00 ***************************RECEIPT*************************** Quantity Item Price 1 Level II CFA Examination Registration $1,020.00 1 Level II Print Curriculum June 2014 $150.00 Discount $550.00 Shipping $20.00 Tax $0.00 Print curriculum will be shipped within one to two business days. Value for Customs purposes only. Personal educational materials. Not for sale or re-sale. Payment Method: Credit Card Payment Type: Visa Transaction Amount: $640.00

Yes you are right about the 640. My fault sorry. But you still pay the 150 extra.

WOW, good for you. How come CFAI fored the ebook link there and took out the print options? They put so much weight on ethics in the exams. But is this sales scheme ethical? It’s a clear NOT.

cheeky

I don’t understand how you did this. Can I do the same thing as you? Could you please provide instructions as to how to do this? Thank you

I was wondering the same thing! I could not find the print version while registering. I called CFA and spoke to a guy who said that management’s new initative is to only allow candidates to receive the E-Book with initial registration. If you want the print version you will have to pay for it ontop of already paying $150 for the E-Book… So basically they are forcing you to bundle if you want the print version as well. He said that an option to purchase it will show up after you register for the exam and that it could take up to 24 horus to show the option (Located under curriculum)… This is pretty lame considering I will hardly use the E-Book and like to take notes and highlight in print versions. sad

I tried for half an hour to avoid the ebook in different ways. I tried to use the link given above. I tried to switch the ebook for print curriculum in other ways and also attempted to checkout without any curriculum added to the exam registration. In the end all these attempts failed and I could only register with the ebooks added.

Those who managed to switch the ebook for the print version were lucky it seems. At this moment that option seems to be cut off.

I assume its not possible. Why would the Institute change the pricing structure back and forth? Doesnt make sense.

I just went off of Elan’s curriculum change guide and saved the new or updated readings to PDF. Will print those out, keep in a binder, and then use last year’s printed curriculum for the rest. Not a fan of the eBook, outside of using at the gym.

Honestly, what’s $150 when it gives you every chance of passing. Creating notes etc. only complicates a tough enough study pattern/routine anyway!