CFAI mock format sucks !!!!!!

Because:

1)You cannot download them in pdf format.

2)While taking the mock ,you have to go by the sequence provided by CFAI ie you cannot do “Qm” section before finishing say “Ethics” questions.If CFAI wants you to answer Ethics 1st in their mocks,you have to do so.

3)You get the explanation for your wrong answers only “once” after you have completed a mock.If you want to look at your wrong answers again the next day,you have to retake the mock.

4)The only (+) is that you get your scores instantly after taking the mock with section wise scoring.

Are you talking about the CFAI sample exams? I’ve not started taking mocks yet on L2 but on L1, the sample exams cost $40 a piece and were in the format you speak of. They had a separate one called the Mock exam (rather than sample exam) that was free and in pdf format. I assume it is the same for L2 but do not know for sure.

You can’t print out the mock? CFAI is trying to see how many people they can piss off and still rake in the money. That’s the only explanation for all the changes they’ve made this year. Or they are just incompetent

[quote=“Topperharley”]

Are you talking about the CFAI sample exams? I’ve not started taking mocks yet on L2 but on L1, the sample exams cost $40 a piece and were in the format you speak of. They had a separate one called the Mock exam (rather than sample exam) that was free and in pdf format. I assume it is the same for L2 but do not know for sure.

[/quote

I am talking about the mocks that CFAI provides for free.

I think CFAI doesn’t want their mock exams floating around the internet; I don’t think this is $$ motivated.

You can copy and paste the online version of it into a word document and reformat it to your liking. I agree it sucks, though. I’ve not taken it, but have put it into a word document and one thing I don’t like about it is that the answers aren’t in A, B or C form which makes it difficult to grade by hand. You’ve got to read the answer explanation to determine if your answer is right. It’s just kind of a pain in the ass.

I predict there’s going to be a lot more of these types of posts ("CFAI mock exam format sucks!!) in the next 40+ days once people begin to take it because the format is so different when compared to traditional Schweser, Elan and old CFAI mock exam formats.

My Response to a CFA Institute Inquiry

Thank you for contacting us about the CFA mock exams. You may print off the mock exams by using the “Ctrl P” function on your keyboard. However, these are not provided in a PDF format.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Hello,

I scored 60% on the Mock Exam :frowning: so sad about that, thought I would score more than 65%… I did the “Mock Exam”, not the “March Mock Exam”, does anyone knows the difference between them? Both are available on the candidate resources section,

Best regards,

Jorge

Do both.

someone has made life easier for us and saved the mock exams in pdf format

http://bbs.cfaspace.com/viewthread.php?tid=900217&extra=page%3D1%26amp%3Bfilter%3Dtype%26amp%3Btypeid%3D2

Excellent Share Hafsa.

Thanks!

thanks Hafsaa you made the life easier for US.

Solution set still does not tell you what the right anwser is…

Still gives us the chance to print this out and ‘mock’ the exam :wink: