please take 2 seconds to answer!

hi Guys - so i know level 2 is 980345820394852345 times harder than level 1 so i know you guys are going thru alot… but i was hoping you guys can take 2 seconds to share your thoughts on this…

so i actually just took level 1. going into it i was very confident, scoring ~75% on CFA mocks prior to the exam. But after walking out of level 1, i feel like complete crap… and i feel like i definitely failed. but ive also been told that regardless of level, everyone comes out of these exams thinking they failed. so i was wondering if everyone also felt this way walking out of level 1.

I was definitely prepared, put in the hours, but ended up guessing much more than i anticipated.

thanks everyone.

Quit thinking about it. Go drink a scotch on the rocks, catch some fish, go to a concert… you have your life back now. Nothing you can do about the results. Enjoy life again. Most people do feel less than confident coming out of the exam. It’s normal. Chill.

I have to say that CFAI exams are quite ‘odd’. The size of the curriculum is similar to an MSc for which you might expect perhaps 12 papers. CFAI squeeze this into 3, so the exams are compressed and designed primarily to test that you covered all of the curriculum and to the expected depth (duuurrgh).

So now maybe it makes more sense. relax, enjoy summer, see you in the autumn term.

Why did you post 3 topics about this ?!!!

To answer your question… It’s COMPLETELY normal to feel this way

If you come out of a CFAI exam feeling like you absolutely smashed it with complete confidence; you failed.

Dont stress it, enjoy having your life back and deal with the outcome once it is known.

Perhaps he had four extra seconds to kill.

^

LOL

no, i

After Level I exam I was confident I had passed. Turned out to be true.

Now after Level II exam I am not quite that sure. Why? That’s the strange part, I cannot pinpoint. I finished both sessions early and had time to read through all my answers, correct one or two and felt good. Then I heard and read about the massive amount of traps hidden in the exams whereas I had only found one.

I know that I answered two questions wrong and had to guess three or four. That should boost confidence. But it does not… you never know what else there might have been hidden somewhere in the exam questions.

So yeah… Relax, you’re not the only one.

Tried that at the after-exam event. Had only a temporary effect. Might have to try more and often. Is staying drunk until receiving the exam results a valid exception to “I Professionalism”?

Relax, whatever happens, your next CFA exam will be next year, be confident, most people can’t predict how their exam went, some pretend it went good and some bad, you only really know within 60 days, so best of luck and have fun!!!

I came out of L1 feeling bad about it. Thought it was about 50/50 chance and ended up getting >70% in all topics. Point is, if you were 75% on mocks, I’m sure you passed.

i passed

I felt like I failed L1 when I came out. As time went on I started to feel better…passed.

L2 morning was disheartening but after the afternoon I was quite certain I would pass…abd passed.

I think that L2 is easier to discern whether pass or not due to the case study format.

When exam started - boy next to me was super fast. It seemed like he finished and had time to review during last 5-10min…i was at bit of complex.

In afternoon session - he left 30min early and i knew at that time, he didn’t know anything…

People say - if you can get pass at least 50% of people (which i did with person leaving early) - I knew i crossed the mark

lol :slight_smile: