Is your Vitalsource Bookshelf super slow?

Is anybody’s vitalsource super slow when scrolling down a page while reading the curriculum? I am trying to read the books but it is super slowwwwww. I was wondering if its just me alone, so I can try switching laptops, or is everybody experiencing this as well? Is there a way I can open the curriculum as a pdf? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you everybody in advance.

Mine is not even accessible yet, after 3 days of registering. Just planning to send an enquiry to CFAI. When did you get access after registering?

lol who studies in august? take a chill pill, speedy

It has been slow even for L1 for me :slight_smile:

terrible scoll which seldom work ; loads page only whne you scroll and takes few seconds each time…

Yes, it is

Yes, That’s the way it is…

That’s what happens when you stuff a reding doc with heck load of DRM.

Why is it not a normal PDF.

Just got it. (Email went to spam as usual). I hate that you can’t scroll down with the arrows or PgDown on your keyboard only with mouse.

same problem, any solution to make it fast ?

i have found the solution to make it work better, its working at least with my copy, let me know if anyone facing the same problem …

mine is quicky, no delays, anyway I prefer to print it out

mine is ok, no issues.

Mine is not accessible on another computer, I have a computer where I work and another one at home, but I cann’t use account to log in at both computers. A little daunting :-<

Hey, I’m getting the same slowness/laggy problem with Bookshelf. What have you done to make it scroll/behave faster when reading from the browser?

Thx.

Almost two years from the original post and still little improvement in the application speed.

Not too bad actually, but you’d expect more from software technology these days.

CFAI should dump Vialsource, and go with another reader platform like Kindle… Bookshelf is a trainwreck.

I guess it depends on your processor.

It isnt so slow but it isnt very smooth and easy to use as well

VitalSource is a trainwreck.

It’s like no one big thought to get into this market, and they locked up some early contracts.

If you could choose between VitalSource and some kind of Google version, VitalSource would disappear by year’s end.

I find that it works well enough on an iPad (NB using an Air 2 so possible that older models struggle more), but agree that it is truly terrible on a desktop. My machine at work is an absolute beast but it still can’t run the application without significant lag and load times.