CFA JUNE 2015 EXAM AREA RANKS BY WEIGHTS

Hello Forum Members,

Having read several posts, which centred on what topics to start with for the Level 2 June 2015 CFAI exams, I have decided to share the exam area topic weights (obtained from the CFAI website), and further gone ahead to rank them from the highest to the lowest.

This I believe should give a snapshot insight into where to channel the most energy, and also help ascertain what area of the curriculum to start from- The lowest ranked or the highest.

Without much ado, here we go:

1st-- Equity 15-25%

2nd-- FRA 15- 20%

3rd-- Fixed Income 10-20% (Surprise! Surprise!)

4th-- Ethics 10-15%

5th- Corp Finance; and Derivatives- Both 5-15%

6th- Alternative Investment; Portfolio Management; Quant; and Economics- All 5-10%.

So, there you have it guys! Hope this helps in fashioning out your reading plans.

Cheers.

Brainy…

In terms of no. of item sets (and no. of questions )

Equity : 3 to 5 (18 to 30)

FRA : 3 to 4 (18 to 24)

FI : 2 to 4 (12 to 24)

Ethics : 2 to 3 (12 to 18)

CFD : 1 to 3 (6 to 18)

AI , PM,Q,Ec : 1 to 2 each (6 to 12)

Thanks for buttressing my earlier post Scorpiomanoj. Though in different ways, we’ve said the same thing.

Fixed income is the most interesting topic this year because they’ve increased the weighting on it, they’ve reworked the chapters, and based on the past few years it hasn’t been significant on the exam. I would know that section inside and out this year …

This is an off topic post, but what does “buttress something” mean? Curious if it is a widely used expression …

Hello Isfijob,

To “buttress something” means to support or strengthen it.

I wish they made the fixed income change last year. Many topics i was good at that had no questions at all on.

Good luck on the studies L2ers!

whoops

+1