Print curriculum for 2015

For all people who received the print curriculum for 2015:

1. How is the paper quality? Last year, Wiley provided s*itty paper, whereas the year before, Pearson had awesome quality paper.

2. Is it color or black & white?

3. Do you think it was worth spending an extra $150 for it?

To me, it is absolutely necessary to have the physical copy. I cannot study without it.

Depends how important the physicals are to you.

Yeah, I have to have physical paper as well.

I got the printed curriculum last year, but didn’t really use it. I can get it for 2015 too, but if the quality is shitty Wiley, then I can just print the new readings for this year and staple them together.

I prefer the physical textbook, but paper quality and color print is important to me too. Enhances the reading experience for me personally. I couldn’t really tell any difference between DIY printed vs Wiley printed textbook.

Paper quality was similar to my L1. It was good enough for me. That is about as far as I can help you out.

It’s standard textbook paper you’d get from a major publisher, can’t speak to the elan guides last year but they appear to be a smaller company so that could be why it wasn’t as good. Last year I printed the whole CFAI text firm vital source from my work but this year I bought the books

Just saw the e-book. It is in color.

Is the printed curriculum in color as well?

Obviously it is.

I printed the curriculum in BW personally. Would have cost me 4 times the price.

Thanks.

My official 2014 printed curriculum was in B&W.

I thought it was a really cheap product, and wanted to make sure that they had improved their quality before I shell out 150 bucks again.

Yeah, I have to have physical paper as well.

Font size is same as level 1 and i think even smaller. Pages are utilized to fullest meaning more content per page.

Too much per page info. :frowning:

MrSMart,

How did you print the curriculum? I am trying but I get pages that are not complete and I can only print so many pages at a time? For example, I can’t print more than 30 pages at a time otherwise, they won’t print. THe EBOOKS are a total SCAM!

i printed to pdf using nitro each reading at a time, there was no other way around it.

Then I combined the small pdfs into one book pdf, then I printed them out.

did you print one page by time???

It seems to me strange to have headache about paper quality and font colour…

I order physical book and I know that at the end of the study they will look like rainbow. Also it’s great way to escape additional issue with printing and keeping your papers in order.

Hi when did the registration for the CFA level 2 open??

The additional margins present in the level 1 curicullum books were so useful. Really helped in taking notes alongside! Wonder why they removed it from level 2 books. :expressionless:

I put this info in the Elan/Wiley thread but it really belongs here.

The Wiley Level 2 2015 curriculum is definitely less robust than the 2013 L2 books. Comparing them side by side (on an unused 2013 book in great condition), the 2015 book I compared is about 10-20% slimmer and even has a few extra pages.

The margins are the same width in my 2012 L1 books (Pearson) as both the 2013 and 2015 Wiley L2 books. All are color. The Pearson books seem to be the nicest ones.

July, 30

You print to a pdf file one reading at a time. Then you merge all the PDFs into one book, and print that on paper.

Took me about 30 minutes all in all.