Just another Panic post

Hi Guys,

I just started with the studies and I am already overwhelmed.

I have only seen the videos for some of the study material and it seems too much. I don’t know how I prepped for Level 1. It seems too much of work right now. I work for 12 hours/5 days a week. It all seems very difficult. I can’t even study on weekends. Anyone on the same boat?

I plan to complete the FRA,Quants, econ and Fixed income by december end. I still did not figure out how would i be able to do that. But still that’s the “PLAN”

Please share your plans.

You have so much time dude…calm down. I did L2 in 2.5 months…plan was to stay in the office til midnight (taking a day or so a week off before May, May was everyday no excuses) and use the entire weekend to study. By that I mean, you can maybe get in 4-6 hours of legit study hours on a weekend day but also stay in, relax, watch tv, catch up on sleep, eat, etc. Easiest way to ensure passing is to be a social outcast, so stop meeting up with people. If you can, find time to go to the gym too…that helps.

you only work 12 hours a day? lucky. there are people far less fortunate takign the exams.

or there’s always another option… the rusty hacksaw…

Itera, you could at least proffer the plumbing school option before the rusty-hacksaw-castrating option…

Perfectly normal. I think everybody feels this way when they first start L2.

How do you tackle it? Easy. One reading at a time.

It seems like a lot right now. (And it IS a lot.) But if you just start studying, and move along through the readings, you’ll find that you will eventually get to the end.

Just don’t get hung up on something. If you try it and can’t get it, just move on and come back to it. If you can’t get it the second time, then you might just have to punt it and focus on the things you know you can get right.

Stop spending time on posts and start one chapter after another…snow montain will start melting and if you keep spening time on posts, you will be under the snow :slight_smile:

@Kingfisher

I like your tag line.

How is your progress in your prep.

Is this necessary?

OP - You have plenty of time. Get organized, set a study schedule that results in you having 1-1.5 months to review and do practice questions and exams, and STICK TO YOUR PLAN.

starting soon…

You have tons of time. Just plug away a little every day (everyday is the key) and you will get there.

how much do you guys work on average (per day)?

and how much studying per day after work?

I work from 7:30-4:30 Mon-Thurs and 7:30-2:30 on Fri.

7:30-9:30 every day I study at work and then 1-2 hours after work. Weekends I am shooting for 2 hours each day.

19 hours per week * probably 22 weeks of study = 418 hours and that leaves me about a month for review & practice exams.

^ IMO, you should take advantage of your weekends more for studying.

^ I was a big proponent of busting my ass during the week and easing up on the weekends to recuperate. My weekdays often started at 4:30 a.m. and ended around 10-10:30p.m. but weekends I wouldn’t study more than 2-4 hours for the first few months and 6 hours MAX during practice exam time (the max time for a full test). While my weekdays were long, they’d also include both the gym and work in addition to studying. Relatively relaxing weekends kept me sane over the three years.

As I have project work, it’s really unpredictable how long my days is going to be. And business trips are quite unpredictable, normally 24 hours in advance I learn that I have to go somewhere.

I’m trying to get up at 5-6:30 and studying till 8. Then work, if everything is ok, I’m at home around 8-9, dinner with husband, and about 2 hours for studying. Also I have gym twice a week. At weekends: Saturday I spend 6-10 hours studing and Sundays at least 6 hours. I started in October.

Yes, I need much more time for preparation:))) I’m blond:)))

I work from 8:00 - 9:30 and then try to study for 1 - 2 hours and then in weekends 7-8 hours per day.

I am very lazy and many times that 1 - 2 hours of study after work turns out to 2 hours of Youtube. Trying to cut down on my consumption of Internet.

Also I have done a first read of Fixed Income from the curriculum and started on Equity. Planing to complete Equity and FRA this month.

How much have you guys completed and whats your plan. Please Share.

For the last two days did not even touched the book. :FEELING GUILTY:

Equity and FRA in month? Sound optimistic. I started October, 8 and I have finisted Quant and now I’m struggling throught Econ. Plan to finish it next week.

I hope to start review in May.

@Aliandr Just a first read. I usually go about reading the topics first. I don’t try to remember the formulas and stuff. Then when I com around the second time I go for a more detailed hunting.

Also i think equity is moderately easy. They have stuffed way too many pages in there. Won’t say that for FRA. :wink: Let’s see how much time it takes.

I have completed this class by Prof. Damodaran in Valuation, It’s free for anyone who wants to take it. He’s good. You can try it. Equity becomes easy.