Isn't Schweser material too pricy?

I wont mind paperback at lesser price.

Look at the odd -

• Kaplan site is settling basic package at $389 USD
  • and here locally i contacted Kaplan and they selling it for almost 40% higher price.

I would rather get kaplan online to ship me (but thye are charging another 90$ for shipment :()

What other options we got?

I had schweser last year and this year I got Elan, I can say that the Elan notes are pretty good and less money than schweser. There are some things that irritate me about Elan’s videos but if you are looking side by side at the notes from schweser and the notes from elan you can’t go wrong with elan based on the price and the quality of the notes. I’ve only read Quant and Econ from elan so far but I can tell you for the Econ section the Elan notes are 10 times better than schweser and I’m seeing elan explain things in the econ notes that were on the exam last year but I feel like schweser did a bad job of explaining in their notes (hence probably why I failed econ last year)

Elan notes for June 2015 LII are out already? No way…

The key to earning the CFA on a budget is to pass the exams one - two - three. The expensive way to do the CFA is to sit for L2 and L3 multiple times, and thus pay the CFA Institute $1000+ in exam fees every year for a decade.

Vitalsource version has been out for over a month with some readings missing that need updating from last year

The opportunity cost of failure is huge. I figure my L2 failure cost me $15k at the very least. Some study aids would have been helpful and likely cost effective compared to my wasted time (I used CFAI only). Paying $1k to increase your odds of passing by even 25% should be a rational decision most should take.

loved your response