What is the CFA L2 Mock Magic Number?

I know it’s still a little early, but just wondering if anybody knew the score I should be aiming for when doing the CFA Institute Level 2 Mocks in order to pass comfortably? I remember for L1 there seemed to be this unwritten rule everyone follows that “If you can get 70% on the L1 mock, you can pass 100%”. Is 70% still the magic number for L2? I think the highest I ever scored doing L1 CFA Mocks was 65. Still passed pretty comfortably. Just watched this Elan Guide for L2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVUr3enK-5k At about 20min, he talks about how if you can score between 50%-60% score on the CFA mocks, you should be able to pass. Any previous test-takers can agree?

I remember scoring 71% on CFA mock just days before the exam and was really happy & thought the same to myself.

Unfortunately I failed. Scored a Band 9. In the end it all depends whether you are familiar with the item set. So practice your heart out and do as many mocks as you can. I believe that most of the learning is done through solving practice problems and mocks I solved 4 mocks last year with scores ranging from 63 to 71% and i could have passed the exam if I would’ve just revisited topics which were troubling me. Best of luck

About tree fiddy.

I never got anywhere near 70% on my L1 mock yet I passed with L1 with 5/6 subjects in >70% category - maybe I just got lucky and am an outlier.

My mock scores are terrible. I think the key is spenidng more time understanding what you missed rather than just amassing a pile of completed mocks. You really only need 2 or 3 level-II mocks to get the mechanically difference from level-I down. After that it should all be material practice and review

Level 1 has 240 questions that could be asked about anything so you can aim for a consistent ~65-70 and feel ok.

L2 has 120 questions on basically 20 topics (there are obviously blurry lines). An entire 5% of your test could potentially be a rehash of a 2 page bluebox example that you may or may not understand. Its all about that sampling.

I wouldnt feel complacent under a 75% and even that feels risky. That being said, I wouldnt be surprised if someone getting a 55% on practice tests gets lucky and passes.

+1

This what i found L2 is so challenging.