Check In - On those who passed Dec Level 1

I’m about a month into my preparation for the L2, so far I’m done Econ, Quant and working through FRA. I’m using Schweser. How are you doing on your progress? How are you feeling so far?

done first read of Corporate Finance, Alt Investments, Fixed Income and Equity.

Feeling OK, did 6 of CFAs online question sets today and got 4-5 on all (1-2 wrong)… room for improvement

Hows FRA? not looking forward to that one.

Almost done with the last Schweser book. I started immediately after December exam, didn’t wait until results. Took a look at some mock questions… wow I’m going to have to go back over everything again. It’s not that I’m not aware of the concept, I’m just not quite where I want to be.

I actually enjoy level 2 more than level 1, it’s more “real” if that makes any sense.

Done with Derivatives, Fixed Income;

Done with half of alterntive investments, Corporate Finance and Economics;

Started FRA - completed study session 5

I’m finding it difficult to keep up interest in one topic for too long - lots of juggling around different topics for me, which is causing pointless stress

Done with Equity,Fixed Income, Derivatives, FRA., Econ ,and QT.

Planning to Finish CF, AI ,PM AND Ethics in March.

Review and 2nd reading in April using CFAI EOCs and blue box.

cheers

Good Lord…you guys are killing it. I’m done quant, econ, FRA and j ust start CF. Thanks for the motivation to keep it going? Don’t find the material overly difficult, just volume. Evey page has something new.

Same boat.

Oof. I haven’t really started yet. Have my wedding in April I’m trying to plan for, fitting in studying when I can (which is almost never).

Eesh. Gonna consider this a practice run I guess (an expensive practice run).

Started the week after the L1 results. I’m through Quant, Econ and I have one reading left in FRA using Wiley/Elan. This includes watching the videos on most of the readings, reading the study guide itself and doing all the CFAI EOC problems after each reading. I’ve also written some notes on each reading that emphasize relationships (this up, that down kind of stuff). If I can finish up FRA this weekend I’ll be right on my goal path. My hope is to finish the remainder of the books over the next 6 weeks, which would leave me about 7 weeks for review, drill in the important stuff and grind practice problems and mocks (and read through Ethics again of course).

I still don’t know if I’ll be as ready as I’d prefer to be but I’m giving it all I got.

Don’t feel bad. I burned a L1 registration fee back in 2008. Everything was going okay, then Lehmann went under and all hell broke loose at work heh (I was scheduled to sit for the Dec 08 L1 exam). Needless to say my time/energy/will to study went out the window. Then I had kids so I put off going for it again until now, 6 years later heh.

Checked in!!

Passed CFA LI this December.

Was busy with my last triemester and placement of MBA, was doing much needed school ending fun.Had a break up too.

Now I am back, with all free time on earth till my joining in May end.

Planning to complete 3 books (except FRA,PM,CF,Derivatives) till March 20th. Following schweser, doing EOC of it, during my 2nd time revision will pick up CFAI EOCs, Schweser Book 1 Practise tests,CFAI topic tests.

#Give to the world the best you have, and the best will come back to you!!

I have summarized the entire material. Now going through questions of CFAI (EOCs). Busy season is making this excrutiatingly difficult… But i’m holding up

im finishing up economics this weekend- going in order. Hoping to be finished with the curriculum by mid april, at which point i’ll start doing nothing but CFAI EOC and practice tests on the weekends. No second read for me, didn’t find it as useful as simply practicing for L1 and the advice I have received so far implies that is even more relevant in L2.

Fortunately, my April and May are wide open- so that will be the real firestorm of studying (40+) per week. I can practice previously learned concepts until my eyes bleed but the first read is always a pain for me.

Fixed income, alternatives, derivatives, PM and WP complete. Starting equities tomorrow.

Was pleasantly surpised by fixed income. Dreading FRA.