How are you going to spend your next 100 days

For me. I just finished going through all the reading once. I’m currently using the Elan study guides. Just finished up all their videos.

I will be firstly going through the blue box of each chapter from the CFA books then doing the EOC questions.

After that I’ll dive into the Elan questions hopefully by then it will be all be uploaded. Hopefully their 11th hour guide will be available too.

Then hopefully I’ll have 45-50 days remaining to start doing mock exams and reviewing the CFA EOCs again and blue box.

Sounds good. I’m half way through the first reading

I’m making a list of things that I consistently seem to forget within a few days. Then I’ll make sure to cover these again in the last 2 days… usually its the stuff tucked away at the end of a chapter, like the differences between Structural and Reduced Form credit analysis, that kind of stuff.

I’m not a fan of memorizing something purely for the exam but if the scope of the syllabus isn’t wide enough to actually use these things in a practical way, I find I learn it, understand it, then next week it’s gone again…

So yeh, dunno about 100 but that’s my last 2 days…

HAA, it sounds like yu guys are in good shape,uv covered a lot of ground in time,

I’m using Schweser ,started mid jan . Iam now goin for the 7th topic on my list, whch is Corp Fin( leaving Ethics ,AI & PM).

Planning to finish evry topic by end of March—This is my first read).

April will b for 2nd read and review, using CFA blue box and EOCs.

May wil b for mocks and possibly profound review., THIS WILL B THE FINAL LAP…

Cheers,

Shooting to have all readings done by March. Spend April and May in review and hammering out EOCs and Blue Boxes. I took the two weeks leading up to the exam off from work so hoping that should really help the final stretch.

Going to try to do my first practice exam earlier this time through than when I did L1. Feel like I waited way too late in the game to get my first crack at the entire thing in one sitting.

Think the biggest key is just stay on track. When I stick to my plan and I’m on pace with good momentum I don’t really feel too much concern about the test. But a day or two away from the material and I start to get all crazy and panicked. “Oh good lord I’ve forgotten it all!!!”

I finished reading Schweser. Moving on to CFAI EOCs, then practice exams.

I finished the CFA, so I’ll probably just rotate the CFA groupies I’ve amassed to mix it up a bit.

hey mat any advice on what you did right and what you wish you did when you studied for the cfa level 2 exam

Well, I do have lots of experience with Level II…I failed 3x before passing. My mistake the first go-round was only doing Schweser Q’s and not preparing for the vignette format. The accounting material was very boring to me, so I had to figure out how to retain that stuff. I finally realized that I’m a visual learner, so the Elan Videos were gold. I watched every video, took notes, and re-watched for my problem areas. Those boring subjects just stuck when I did that. For all other sections, mostly Q-Bank and Schweser exams.

This is bad advice for many people, but I never opened the CFA books on any level. Just couldn’t stand the verbose writing and inability to get to the core of things. I passed levels I and III on first go, it was just level II that got me.

Good Luck! It will be worth all the stress when you get that congratulatory email!

^ solid.

A lot of people mentioned about those blue boxes…r they really th important?

I’ve got the same plan as the original poster. I’m a retaker and it’s much different this time around as I don’t feel as rushed since I already know most of the topics. The EOC’s and Blue Boxes cannot be missed, ideally you want to do them twice through, especially for the biggest topics. For the readings that have lots of EOC questions you’re getting a pretty good preview of what to expect on exam day, it’s those readings that have very few practice questions that can cause you trouble because they are easy to overlook and think they will not be asked because there are few or no practice questions. Do not get caught in this trap. I think the biggest thing this year is making sure you know Fixed Income inside and out. They re-worked the readings and increased the weighting … to me that is a huge red flag that you better know that material as well as equity and FRA. And of course make sure you know derivatives, CFA knows that is hard material and I would be surprised if there was only one item set on it, I would expect at least two.

having a hard time in fixed income. iam already at the reading 42 almost there. haha i’d failed to achieve my goal for the month. i should already finish book 5 this month, but iam currently at page 270/500 pages for book 5. this is the only month that i failed to achieve my monthly goal. as planned, it should be 1 book per month. :smiley: started since september for book 1 oct book 2 dec book 3 jan book 4 feb book 5 mar book 6 hopefully i can speed up more. iam trying my best to study through cfai book, and will do final review on april and may, in which i plan to use schweser books to finally polish the curriculum. iam not thinking to use the schweser qbank as a basis for questions, but rather, iam thinking just to use all of the questions given in the cfai book. all of the blue box sample questions, and the end of chapter questions. i think it will really prepare us for the level 2 monster. all my life and extra time has been spent studying for this level 2 exam. but my scores are still in the range of 50% to 70% based on cfai questions. my average score i believe is 60% which i should study more! still sleeping for 6 hours and reading for 3 hours when i woke up and go to work in week days. and full 16hours study every weekends. i hope effort will also be graded by cfa institute hahahaha .

salute to those who already finished the curriculum in very less time!

i cannot read the curriculum fast.

it takes me a month for every book.

good

luck everyone!

3 months, and you’ll finish the whole level 2 curriculum!? whaaat?

i salute you!

i’ve been syudying since september, and using the cfai.

i’d used 1book per month approach, 6 books, 6momths. hopefully i already finished studying by end of the month.

cheers!

i am interested about on “only doing schweser q and not preparing for vignette format”

can you further explain it, it is interesting.

because iam thinking about to use schweser qbank .

and qbank has been designed as single wuestions just like for the level 1.

what has been the hardest topic for you on battling with level 2?

i am interested about on “only doing schweser q and not preparing for vignette format”