How are you practicing?

How are you guys practicing?

I do EOC of CFAI and Schweser as I read along, but as I get closer to exam date, I worry that I won’t have enough practice material. Will Schweser Practice Exams + CFA Mock be sufficient (i.e. 7 tests in total)? There only seems to be 1 mock exam on CFA website, and their online practice tests seem kinda lame.

Is it worth getting Schweser Q-Bank?

blue boxes are key

Would you say the blue boxes are more important than the CFAI EOC questions? I’ve gone through all of the Schweser EOCs and have begun going through all of the CFAI EOCs this past week or so. I was planning on finishing all of the EOCs and then taking my first mock. I haven’t done any of the blue box questions to be honest. Ive read through them to see how to solve them but havent actually answered any of them myself.

blue boxes actually sometimes contain part of the curriculum. things like reading 17 bluebox example 6 and 9 and these calculations are not repeated in the EOC.

I would recommend you try the EQ & FRA blueboxes since you seem to have a lot of time.

Never did blue boxes - never failed. Actually didn’t touch anything CFAI until level 3, but I wouldn’t recommend that approach. I guess my point is just do as many practice problems as possible no matter the source.

Can other people chime in on these blue box examples? I understand that they’re pertinent and ‘straight from the source’, but how practical are they for the test? I mean, test questions won’t look like that given that these blue boxes tend to be word-heavy, and only focus on a specific passage within a specific chapter within a specific reading.

Anyway… i know the consensus response will be a ‘to each his own’ type of thing… but I dunno…

does anyone do the online practice questions on the CFAI website?

Well in some of the readings the blue boxes act as in reading concept checkers that resemble the EOC questions. Those are good to hit as they aren’t word heavy and a lot are multiple choice too.

How many Level 2 practice exams did you do?

I did 4 but I would recommend you do more as I think I squeeked by L2. Starting at the latest in mid April, you should be done reading and should be doing practice problems during the week/mocks on the weekend (in exam conditions) and reviewing any problems you miss thoroughly. The key is to never make the same mistake twice.

If you haven’t done the CFA topic tests online, I suggest you do it so you can realize how different they are from EOC questions… Just got done ripping my hair out on currency swaps :stuck_out_tongue:

Do the online practice topic test and see how lame they are!

are the questions on the online practice topic tests the same as the questions in the mock exam for this year ?

Finquiz has a robust Qbank - some 6,000 questions + questions in item-set format. I haven’t started working my way through them yet (I’m saving them for May) so I can’t comment on the quality just yet.

anyone have insight on the question overlap between practice tests and the mock ?

Thanks a million! Reading is done (Schweser), and I’m a week and a half away from finishing all CFAI EOCs. Will start practice tests mid April, and will do 7 of them.