Boyfriend studying Level II

Hey guys!

My boyfriend passed level I on his first try, and it was such an emotional moment. He had studied so hard and I did everything I could to support him and make the studying process easier. As soon as he found out he passed level I, it was straight on to studying for level II. I feel like we didn’t get to spend enough time together between I and II, but I’m trying my best to be supportive.

I was thinking of putting together a care package (even though he lives 10 minutes away lol) to help him relax and feel at ease while studying. I figured a care package because then I could just let him do his thing without worrying if he needs something and calling him every few hours - what he needs will be right there.

What could I include in this care package besides power bars and his favorite tea?

Thank you!!

An Al-Anon book

Well, that’s sweet.

Maybe you could include something he likes to do that will help him unwind. ~ But not anything that takes mental energy.

Include a note that says he’s got almost a year until L2 and that he needs to chill the fck out.

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/06/19/indica-vs-sativa-understanding-differences/

Wow, he sounds like a lucky individual to have a girlfriend that cares so much.

Obviously it depends on the individual as to what they will appreciate the most, having said that it sounds like you have got off to a pretty good start with this pack. I would say one option would be to keep it simple and put in an I owe you note for a massage from you to complete the set - that’s what I would like LOL!

He does sound a little over the top if he has already gone straight back in to studying intensively. I’d be careful about “crowding” him with too much attention if he is so hyper about studying as that could be the worst thing to do in that kind of situation. (Highly recommend reading Men are from Mars Women are from Venus if you havent already - it may be a bit corny but it is pretty accurate in its description of the behaviour of men and relationship dynamics.)

He better appreciate you and what you do for him, would not want to you to spend the next 2 years giving him all this TLC with nothing in return(!)

Best Wishes to you, and good on you for being so thoughtful(!)

Let me know how things go in June 2016

he works long hours and sometimes during the weekend so he needs as much study time as he can get :frowning:

LOL!! if only…! trying to keep it kosher haha!

thanks!!

thank you so much!! Will keep that in mind - and maybe read that book too! I think I handled Level I pretty well. He definitely appreciated my support. Hopefully getting through Level II won’t be as stressful as Level I. :slight_smile: Cheers!!

happy time

You forgot to include a photo of yourshelf. That’ll keep him motivated!

If I were him, I would not really like to be pampered that much, because given very high difficulty of this exam, if I fail I will get very depressed and feel embarassed in the end. It may hurt him.

Hahaha

LI: Your care package

LII: Leave him study

LIII: Leave him study

He needs to chill out and relaxed for at least 1 month before studying anything.

Tell him that we told him to start beginning of October. Starting right now is way too soon.

Seems like a swell guy

Tell him he should be getting you a care package. He’s the one abandoning you to study.