how much harder is L2 over L1?

[original post removed]

A lot.

Now, concentrate on passing Level I and stop this silliness.

Agreed yes

+1

So wise…

It’s not silliness giving him/her a taste of what’s ahead.

I’m currently on LII Quants, I’ve just completed the first reading; I am now doing the EOC. CFAI materials.

So far I’ve spent about 10 hours on this single chapter. It’s assumed that you have total mastery of all the L1 Quants material, from calculating a simple mean to hypothesis testing. In my struggle (successful so far) to understand this material, I believe I could now score close to 100% on the L1 Quants section. (TMV is basic stuff.)

That’s how hard it is.

Feel better now?

Now, concentrate on passing Level I and stop this silliness.

Oh, btw, while 10 hours may seem a lot. I also got >70 on L1 Quants.

My uni professor and my mum always said, no question is too silly.

Now I’m going to get Level 2 CFAI material and read it and see if it’s really that hard.

With all due respect, they’re wrong.

Doing that before you pass the Level I exam is stupid.

Concentrate on passing Level I.

He certainly has an interesting theory on how to obtain the charter. Maybe he convinced the CFA to let him take it in reverse order, next he’ll be asking for some L3 material.

knock yourself out L1 candidate

Level I is a tiny, gentle hiccup at a swanky cocktail party followed by a smile and a polite “excuse me”.

Level II is kneeling on all fours in front of a dirty toilet in a highway truck stop voilently throwing up blood and bile while you scream for God to simply take your life and end the suffering. Meanwhile there is a fat trucker standing behing you with an evil grin as he begins to unbuckle his belt with one hand while he locks the door with the other.

The stupidity and pointlessness of the conversations that ocurr on this website are astounding. Whenever I need a good laugh I pull up Analyst Forum. It rarely disappoints.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+much+harder+is+cfa+level+2+over+level+1%3F

+1

Hello guys i have simple question to ask, i am working full time i have registered for L2,books recieved and get 4-5 hours on Saturdays and sundays.if i continue like this till june will i be able to pass?should i quit my job and study full time like i did for l1 in which i got >70 above in all?

I haven’t passed L2 yet, but i believe if you stick to your schedule and practice, A LOT, you will pass. If i were in your situation, i would aim to finish the material as early as possible, then focus on practicing. Do the CFAI EOCs while you go through the chapters even if you are using a study material provider. Do the practice quizzes and the mock from the CFAI until you master it. I wouldn’t advise you to leave your job, but its a good idea to take a couple of weeks off before the exam.

I wouldn’t quit my job to study for CFA, this is one of the advantages of the program, you manage your own study schedule. Try to make some time every day after or before your working hours. I do that, a lot of ppl do that, so you can too.

I believe his name is Sea bass. I know for a fact he likes to wine 'em, dine 'em, sixty-nine 'em.

Nice work finding this, CvM.

Smarshy summed it up.

What is CvM?