Should I continue with CFA level II?

I don’t know if I should continue with my pursuit of passing Level II. I want to prove that I can do it but I don’t know if it will help me professionally. I am 38 and have been working part time the last 3 years because I have a young daughter. 38 sounds old, I know, but in reality I have at least 20 years left to continue/start a career. Previously I worked for 9 years at a hedge fund, my last position was client services officer. I never made it to a leadership position there. Going back to full-time I would like to do investor relations and marketing. If I earned a CFA charter then I would also consider training to be a financial advisor. I want the CFA charter to gain more credibility in order to be considered for a high paying and, eventually, leadership role. (I already have an MBA) What do you think, should I go for it?

Of course, unless you have a better plan. You already have a MBA, and you want an investment-related job, so what is the problem? You also stated you want to improve your credibility, how wouldn’t that help you professionally? Don’t give up because the curriculum is a little bit complicated, it will pay off, and indeed you will become a better professional.

thank you for your reply! and may the force be with you as you study for level II!

oh sorry for the star wars reference, I realize now that it might not be C-3PO in your profile pic…

LMAO, not problem! I like that phrase a lot because always provides good wishes. Thank you.

yes, never say die!

Daughters are of two types: First type: Never happy about fathers financial success; Second type: all they want from father is to see him happy.

Hopefuly your daughter turns out to be of second type and in that case, CFA or no CFA, just make sure you are happy.

On the other side, if your daughter grows up to be of first type; CFA or no CFA does not matter as she will always blame you for one thing or other.

:slight_smile:

@ itera Right, how could i give up hope!?

@ McTrump She is my biggest fan. (i read ‘mother’ instead of father ;-))

I was thinking the same thing when I read your initial post and McTrump’s reply - very presumptuous of McTrump :slight_smile:

Puca are you Mom or Dad? Just to be sure :slight_smile:

May be it is the way exam is structured or some other reason, I do not know, company of CFA charter holders always gives me comfort that it is still possible to be in a group and not suffer from group think; I find less biases and more openness; there is less herding and more genuine thinking going on; if I had to pick one reason to complete CFA program, it would be opportunity to be in this group.

LOL, mom.

Good point McTrump, it is not just 3 letters after a name.