How far is everyone in the reading?

How far is everyone in the reading? And how far should we be at this point? Also, is everyone forgetting material they started with (e.g. Quant/econ)?

Thanks!

am chapter 22… you ?

try to do q bank a lot that helps !

I’m going through the readings in order, straight from the CFA curriculum this year. I just finished Equity yesterday and went through the first AI reading during my session this morning. So AI, FI, Derivatives and PM left for me. It’s normal to start forgetting details from the earlier readings as you get deeper into the curriculum. Make sure you leave time for review to cement everything in and do lots and lots of practice questions/mocks. My final 2 months will be nothing but review and practice.

I am also going in sequential order but this year from Schweser only because of lack of time, anyway I listened advices by other forum members and recently started doing EOC from official curriculum no longer from Schweser (since Schweser’s EOC are very easygoing and with only some vignette forms questions).

I changed my strategy since L1 because I am not among those who found L2 not difficult:) Now, I just don’t wanna burden last two months with rapid reviewing overal curriculum than making each topic review on the fly. Studying in this manner I have minimized a risk of forgetting mattery.

Now, I have just finished Corp. finance and this is approx. about 50 % of overal mattery, so I am repeating difficult topics from beginning till last chapter in Corp. finance. I plan left May period for CFA portal mocks and just wish begin these Mocks testing with high starting score (targeting at least 60-65 % by starting and about avr 80% Mock score till real exam).

Finished all the Schweser readings + their blue boxes + all CFAI EOC questions today. Now, I will go back through each topic and do all CFAI EOC again and then the CFAI topic assessments for that topic. Then mock exams.

Yes, certainly lots has been forgotten, but that happened for level I as well, so I’m not too worried at this point.

Wow you seem extremely far ahead pfunder… I am on reading 38. Trying to finish equities today and then spend 4-5 hours tomorrow reviewing questions on everything.

I have just finished reading all of the notes, all EOCs and most of the examples from the CFAI book.

I feel like I have forgotten everything, so am not looking forward to starting revision. Last year for L1 I was able to quickly assess my weak areas using Qbank. But since Qbank is now rubbish, I’m not sure what to do. This is a sucky place to be!! haha

42/56 of the reading and so far confident only in ethics, corp finance and equity. The rest will require multiple visits to digest…

OMG!!! You guys are already very far on your readings. I have not even opened the curriculum yet.

I will begin reviewing on March 1 and will spend 2 hours everyday for the whole month of March and April and will be on 8-hour review for the whole month of May.

You might consider opening it before June.

I hit the 100 hour study mark today since beginning on 12/31/15. I’m done with FRA, Equity, Corp Fin, and Fixed Income.

Starting on Quant now.

Wow! 25 hours per topic? Are you using study notes or CFAI curriculum?

Schweser + CFA. Both concept checks + EoC after each study session.

37 hours Equity, 30 FRA, 17 Corp Fin, 12 Fixed Income (= 96), about 5 more on starting Quant, flash cards, + some review. Equates to about 13-14 pages per hour on the CFAI side.

I only started after the December results. I just finished Equity being the first. I fear i am lagging behind.

This is awesome. My plan in Oct was to be finished a first pass by March 4, and it looks like I’ll be shy 1 Quant and 1 AI reading – so, decent enough. My thinking was: if you could literally spend unlimited time learning each topic to absolute perfection, one after the other, there’s a decent chance you’d forget 90% of the first several by the end. Could always book revision weeks in the middle. But I decided to layer.

3.5 months for first pass. FIgure I’ll take 7 weeks to do a second pass through all the things, then 6 final weeks to just madly do mocks and hit everything all at once.

I used flash cards (Quizlet) a lot in L1, but I found for L2, once I left a topic it was hard to make sense of some equations in flash cards. So I’ve made the flash cards simpler – acronyms and concepts. Haven’t seen FRA since Oct, but go through the basics once a week or so.

OMG i feel m lagging behind… i am so stressed… i was in a very god shape last year while preparing for LEVEL 1. I have finished corp. finance and FRA only. i target to finish Quants by tomo and then start with economics.

Reading 31 now

I have finished reading Book 2 and 3 in schweser 1 time. Trying to finish books 4 and 5 in March and book 1 in the first 2 weeks of April…Leaves a month and a half to re-read schweser sections, blue box, and practice tests.

Some of these readings make me want to jump out of a window…Just ready to read through everything at least once.

Started in Early Feb but was away for 12 days. just covered sketchily by way of face-to-face classes quant,Econ and FSA. Just realised that there won’t be enough time to cover everything if I stay with the CFAI curriculum. Switched to Schweser Notes from last night. Having one week off around Easter to do some cramming and another week before exam. Will be studying 2 hours every day during weekdays and attending a 5 hour class every Saturday and doing 5 more hours every Sunday.