Welcome Back!

Congratulations on surviving the CFA exam. Please do not discuss specific questions or attempt to re-create the exam.

Omg that exam was brutal, especially PM session…anyone else feel the same way?

AM was brutal for me, breezed through PM.

same discussion has been going on on rediit r/cfa i personally thought that both were reasonable PM a bit easier which makes me fear that i fell for a lot of tricks…

AM I thought was challenging but fair, PM in my opinion was easier. Mind you “easier” in Level II has me worried that I missed a bunch of tricks… haha, guess we’ll see what actually happened in 8 weeks, fingers crossed

I felt good after AM…felt crushed after PM and think I will be retaking it next year. I had no help from my strengths (Alts, derivatives and PM)

Hmmmm based on your reply, I feel like our AM/PM papers were switched around

Welcome back all! I thought it was a fair exam overall. Not impossible but not easy, with some minor trickery here and there. I finished both halves about an hour early, which was helpful as I skipped 2-3 questions each half that I wasn’t getting the answer in a calculation, and spending more time with those helped me figure out most of them. I personally thought PM was harder, in that there were more questions that really made you have to think. Then again, it could have been afternoon fatigue setting in. Unless I made a lot of stupid mistakes I feel pretty good about my chances this year.

We’re there any “tricks”? Finished both exams in 2 hours, I’m worried that I was too fast and could have missed a few of their tricks.

A few minor things here and there maybe but nothing major that I can recall. Unless I completely fell for them which is certainly possible.

I was going in with Econ and Alts being my main weaknesses and boy was I royally ******…

I thought PM was much easier than AM. by a very wide margin.

Overall. Seeing as how I took only two full mocks and got a 55 and 64…I think I will be retaking it next year. definitelt not failing next year tho. If I fail this year it will be band 9 or 10.

What at have you guys been hearing about the MPS? And what have you guys heard about banding and mock scores per band?

there is a topic on mock scores and bands for L2 fails. it was encouraging

From what I read throughout multiple forums is that MPS is usually anywhere between 62-68%, but truth be told NO ONE knows, so it’s a futile exercise at best to keep speculating because there is no way to ever find out.

I found first session decent and second session bit weird:-) It was not tough but was small details so lets see.

Surprised to hear most of you think that AM session was harder than PM session, for me was all the way around. Something important is that I felt the time was fair for the difficulty of both parts. However, despite the feeling that I didn’t see myself failing the exam, can’t neither tell If I passed with total confidence. The same sentiment when took L1. Hope all people that deserve a pass get a pass.

Good luck guys, rest and wait 2 months for the results.

For me also PM session was a lot better than the AM session. I made a mistake by staying awake the night before the exam and I felt very dizzy during the morning session. After 1.5 hours things were getting blurry and I couldn’t think clearly, felt like I’ll drop off anytime and was praying so that I could survive till 5 o’clock. But when the PM session came, I was relaxed and was happy with how the topics were distributed between the two sessions and didn’t get sick anymore.

I think I made 25 to 32 mistakes overall out of 120, but of course cannot say anything for sure, with ECO, AI, PM adn Derivatives <70, the best part for me was ethics surprisingly and the worst was derivatives.

Now, just hoping for the best and good luck to everyone.

So, until the result is announced, what should we do? lol

Afternoon was harder by far because of its qualitative aspect… Definitely a lot easier to fall for the sucker questions/answers.

im new to the forum so i just wanted to ask if its a violation if we discuss our previous years scores from the actual exam results? im a third time taker for Level 2 btw. i mean can we discuss which band we fell into in our previous attempts and then which score range did we fall in all 10 topic areas? please let me know. Thanks!