Would this be considered a pass?

I have tried to estimate my exam performance, being fairly realistic with how I feel:

<50 51-70 71+

Ethics: = 50% *

Quants: = 67% *

Econ: = 58% *

FRA: = 67% *

Corp F: = 67% *

Equity: = 72% *

Alts: = 50% *

Fixed I: = 67% *

Deriv: = 67% *

PM: = 67% *

Total 77/120 = 64%

Im worried that most of my topics are in the middle band, 2 below 50 (ethics one of them!) and only possibly 1 above 70… What do you think? A pass or more like a band 10…

Probably fail, using an ethnics adjustment rule

Depends on how middle, if most are all 69…then it’s a sure pass.

depends on what the mps is… i personally believe its around the 65% based on historical results…

Yeah as you can see from the percentge estimates, I expect to see all topics at the higher end of the middle band, all of them close to 67%, but i dont expect any to be beyond 70% unless I was lucky with some of the guessing.

Ethics I expect to get half right, but if I can get 1 more correct answer that will put me in the middle range as well.

Overall I expect around 63-65%

Yeah I do expect to get around 65%, but feel most of the topics will be the maximum you can get in the middle band, ie, 1 point away from the 70+ band, but none above 70… dont know if that will fail me since none above 70 potentially…

I will be surprised if 77 does not translate to a pass this year Relax now, even I am trying hard to do so :slight_smile:

It is told over there the exam this year was harder than previous years, so maybe the MPS is set backwards. However don’t expect a 55% mps, may round the 62 or 63.

46 days remaining!

who said the exam is harder than previous years? It also depends on the strength of the candidate pool this year.

Probability of higher LOD of exam > delta of the strength of the pool I can fairly assume that most of the candidates study from Schweser and that won’t suffice this year (while doing the review I have understood it) I have never scored less than 70 in any corp fin or quant and was good at ethics However in the exam I found Ethics to be trickier, I already found 2 mistakes in CF, Quant took more time than I usually allocate There were surprises all over, being in terms of number of sets or the topics. I don’t doubt the much prepared souls will still find the exam easier but that won’t be more than 15 to 20 prcnt at max. At least another 25 prcnt should also pass no? I will peg my bet around 64% or 76 to be the MPS

where is over there ?

I am a retaker and can conform the exam wasn’t any harder or easier compared to last year… In general the questions were of the same difficulty mostly straight forward with the odd tricks here and there… You just need to cover all areas in depth and not neglect small qualitative sections as a lot of people do… That’s the true key to passing as well as doing an insane amount of questions to get familiar with the exam…

The exam indeed had some tricks, across every topic. I can say that out of 6 questions per item set, i knew how to answer 3-4 correctly and confident about them, however had to guess around 1-2 questions almost across every item set. so my averge score per item set is around 4.

However, there were item sets where i was clueless on - 1 from Financial Reporting and Analysis where I had to guess 5 out of the 6 questions!! and Equity in the afternoon had to purely guess on 3 questions in that item set!! So this is getting a bit scary.

in the AM, had to guess on 3 derivatives and 3 fixed income questions!

Oh and forgot to mention that this is my second attempt at L1

What were your mock scores last year and this year

The pass line is determined to be the score that a minimally competent candidate would achieve. You’re not competing with your peers. The skill level of the candidate pool is irrelevant.

Technically it is, because the passing rate is typically 42-46% so you gotta be in the top 40th percentile to pass.

Last year my mocks ranged from 45 being lowest and 61 being highest (but mostly in the mid 50s) , this year 50 lowest and 77 highest, however mostly in the low to mid 60s.

I am a retaker, I found this year’s exam alot more difficult than last year. I scored above 70% in Financial Reporting, Fixed Income and Equity and above 50% in Quants and Ethics. (I failed because of CF, Derivatives, Eco and PM ). According to my last year’s result, I definitely got 64 answers correct (as a mimimum according to the percentiles) and my band was 9.

I guess the passing score is 75 which is around 63%.

Last year, CF and Derivatives were my strong areas and I found the questions very straight forward…but failed in both of them !!!

Oh thats terrible! I failed band 10 I scored above 70 in Financial Reporting and Derivatves! And failed in QM, CF, PM and alternative investments, and the rest middle band. I found last year Financial Reporting to be easier than this year especially that afternoon item set! And same with Equity last year was easier, but the rest similar and CF this year easier for sure

How did you estimate your score to be 64/120?

According to my estimation, my score last year was arond 73/120 averaged out between AM and PM and failed band 10. so i was probably 2-3 questions from passing.

Yeah Schweser said the passing score is usually in the range of 75-78/120 so 63-65%