Question on Materials

I passed level 1 last December and did do some studying over the past 6 months but am really getting going now- in preparation for June 2017. Obviously that’s a lot of time but I think I need it. I did well on level 1 but had to really put in a ton of time before I got comfortable.

My question is- does anyone know any any study materials other than Kaplan that are available right now that would be helpful? I don’t want to spend a ton of $ because I plan on getting the ‘self-study package’ from Kaplan- but its not avail until early August they said!?

I definately want to start studying but need some materials, and really like condensed stufy packaages as opposed to going through the entire curriculum!

Thanks,

I’m sure you could find 2016 Kaplan or Wiley material relatively cheap on Amazon or eBay. Obviously, it won’t account for any upcoming changes, but it’s a safe bet that 90% of the material should be the same.

2017 curriculum isn’t public till late July, so there’s nothing available till at least then.

agree with others: buy 2016 notes used. i would be very surprised if they didn’t include these in 2017 (among others):

• Intercorporate investments
  • Compensation
  • Multinational
  • Dividend Discount Method
  • Free Cash Flow
  • Multiples
  • Residual income

If you studied some of those till late July, you’re very unlikely to have wasted time. Hell, just study intercorporate alone till Sept. 1.

I know this doesn’t address your question, but I suggest you to delay your study…well at least after summer… level 2 is a beast (if you want to see a good comparison among the three levels, look for the dragon pic on this forum, it’s pretty darn accurate lol), and it won’t take you long to start hating studying… relax over the summer (get a couple books from chapters if you are really hunger for some finance knowledge), and get ready for the battle!