Band 10

<=50: Equity,Ethics, Portfolio, Quant

50-70: CF

>70: AI,FRA,FI,Der,Econ

Taking into account the relevant weights of each topic I am devastated. I think I failed with 1 or 2 questions or maybe I should take re-tab (joke :smiley: I would rather buy a good bottle of vodka for this 100usd). I was pretty sure about half questions of port and quant. Ethics was my weakest part, but I am still very surprised with equity (expecting >70).To sum up it looks around 65%(a bit more). Obviously MPS is higher this year, but there are some people posting pass results with lower bands which I canā€™t understand. Congratulations to all who passed. I will not give up :slight_smile:

5 70+ 2 <= 50 CF n FRA which was a great surprise. My avg score in CF is 70+ in all mocks FRA 60+ in all mocks Battle continues

Can I put failed level 2 band 10 on my resume? I donā€™t recall saying you cannot in the ethics curriculum.

^ Thatā€™s a very bad idea.

^Why? Iā€™m just being completely open.

Youā€™d have to explain what it means and in the process it would sound bad. Register and put candidate, sounds way better .

To what end though? Putting the word ā€œfailureā€ on a resume seems like a terrible idea.

Tau: put L2 candidate. If it means something to your interviewer, theyā€™ll ask you about it and THEN you can explain your band ten disappointment and how youā€™ll learn from and overcome it!

I know your feeling. I had a band 10 last year with the following results:

<=50%: 15% (Quant, Alt, PM)

51-70%: 30% (EQ, Corporate Finance)

>70%: 55% (FRA, Derivatives, Fixed Income, Econ, Ethics)

you have 20% more in the lower 50% section than my last yearā€™s band 10, so itā€™s really difficult to understand the scoring. If you go for min. score and assume a 50% points right for the below 51% section, you end up with 64.2%. So with a few questions more false in the below 51% section, you end up with 62-63%, which is unfortunately the band 10 region.

I also made a re-tab, but it was rather a peace of mind move than truly hopeā€¦since Iā€™ve never heard of a successful re-tab from band 10 to pass. Re-tab, in my view, only makes sense if you left the exam room with a pretty damn good feeling and you get a band 1 or 2.

Forget it, register again for L2, focus on your weak spots and get the passed.

It looks like the ethics and/or equity score was the deal-breaker. Do you plan to retake the exam next year?

This seem like a pass to me. This is only 1 or 2 question away from the MPS for sure

I echo those who say donā€™t put band 10 on resume.

Hi tau281290,

How does it add any value to your resume when you put ā€œfailed level 2 band 10ā€ ? You would rather prefer to register for Level 2 exam and then put ā€œCFA Level 2 candidateā€ on your resume. Hope that helps. Good Luck :slight_smile: