Changes from 2016 to 2017

Hi all,

For those of you that already purchased the books for the 2017 CFA Level II, did you notice major changes from the 2016 curriculum. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

If you log in to your CFA online account click the Candidate Resources link, then the “What changed from 2016 to 2017” link, you can see the list of the changes as of today.

Some interesting changes for 2017. Seven new readings were added and Eleven readings were removed, and the changes seem to mostly involve FRA and Derivatives.

They’ve removed Inventories and Long Lived Assets which kind of blew me away. It looks like they’ve also significantly condensed the Derivatives Study Session. Forwards, Futures, Options, Swaps and Interest Rate Derivatives individual readings have all been removed.

There’s also a new interesting reading titled “Algorithmic Trading and High-Frequency Trading” in Portfolio Management.

Pretty significant changes once again this year.

I’m assuming you have to register to see the link?

Not for me. I can see it in my resources page. Although it could be because I haven’t registered for the Level III exam yet. *shrug* I’m not sure how that stuff works on their site.

That algo reading will be pretty interesting! And I’m a little sad about removing all those other readings. But oh well. I’m guessing it would be very wise of us to study those new readings very very well. I would guess CFAI asks questions on the new readings, otherwise what’s the point of introducing them?

CFA institute mentioned under the changes, mentioned that Two readings were revised for 2017: One of the reading is

• Reading 10: Multiple Regression and Issues in Regression Analysis I didn’t find any changes as such while studying for the same. Can anyone help if you have noticed any changes from 2016 curriculum?