2017 Level 2 Retakers

I’ve been a long time reader of AF, but decided to write my first post after failing band 10 yesterday with the following score. Very painful to say the least.

Alt <50

Ethics >70

Everything else 51-70

Definitely going to give it another go around after coming so close. You can now register for the 2017 exam so I decided to look at the study sessions on CFA website to see if anything changed and I was shocked. They removed the FRA reading on inventories, the Equity reading on the Five Forces, Derivs is completely different, added CDS to FI, and they changed around PM a little.

Not complaining as I’m looking forward to never reading about LIFO or FIFO again.

Thank god I passed this time… 5 forces and Lifo Fifo were my old reliables for points…

As dry as the topics were, I agree they were easy points with the use rote memorization.

This. LIFO/FIFO made tons of sense. Porter’s 5 forces is also easy sweep points.

But… Pensions… Oh pensions… I won’t miss you. Oh and Econ… What can I say about Econ that hasn’t been said about a used toilet; should be avoided and only gives you shit

I just registered. I am a re taker as well.

2017 retaker here.

Can you share the link that shows what the changes in 2017 will be? Or is that available only after you registered?

The next jlion…hope you get >70% for all topics on 2017 like he did this year

Ummm… guys… Ethics… exam specific material should NOT be discussed or disclosed… you should bloody know this by now…

Hey i failed Level 2.

Alt investments, derivatives, economics, equity, portfolio and quants ---- 70 above score

ethics, FRA, Corporate Finance---- 50-70

fixed income securities— below 50

failed on band 10. but my matrix looked like i was going to pass. should i go for a recheck. Please help!

hey, sorry to hear about your result.

what’s the MPS for Level 2? I failed band 10 with

70 above in —alt inv, derivatives, econ, equity, portfolio, & quants

50-70 — corporate fin, ethics & fra ​less than 50 — fixed income security. Should i go for a recheck?

Chill a bit maybe? He’s not talking about exam questions. He’s talking about curriculum material that was removed for 2017 that is easy points if it appears on the exam.

http://www.efficientlearning.com/cfa/resources/2017-CFA-exam-curriculum-changes/

@onward lol sorry if I wasn’t clear. But my meaning was fifo/lifo stuff and the porters 5 were the easiest stuff in the curriculum= reliable points.

Like peter olinto says you should praaaayyy for that stuff to show up on the exam exam day.

FRA will go deep this time(my probable weak point- as shown by CFAI) - I accept the challenge

PM - changes made here - my strongest area - will be fun

Equity - was always easy - should be a pure valuation based exam - 24/24 or 18/18 should be the target

Derivatives - interesting to see very high weighting on option

Will start prep from Dec mid from the official curriculum, and it should be my last attempt at L2 with a positive result.

Band 10 fail with 5 sections 70+ 2 sections <50 (FRA and CF). It is painful but I am over with it now and looking forward to a knockout punch.

In this thread there are more people who passed than people who failed. :slight_smile:

I failed band 9

Alt and Quant < 50

Ethics, Fixed Income, PM > 70

Everything else 51-70

In my opinion, LIFO and FIFO are really easy topics, so it’s definitely not a good news.

But a very good news is that they removed a lot in the derivative part: no swaps, no IRS and no future (I remember there were many formulas about futures…)

Band 10

FI, Corp Fin, Equity, FRA > 70

Ethics, Derivatives - 50 - 70

Eco, AI, Quants <50

I couldn’t hit Eco, AI and Quants with the same level of detail in terms of preparation.

Some of the exam questions felt straightforward but most of them felt like a memory test.

I am not sure if I can pass provided it is the same thing. It is very hard to retain every single detail.

I feel for you brother. That’s a very decent matrix and probably should’ve been through. Looking at your matrix, it means that at the VERY minimum you got 73 questions correct out of 120 which means 61%. You must’ve scored at least 5-6 questions more right I’m sure than that which means you would have gotten around 78-79 questions correct and that’s around 65-66%. This indicates that the MPS this June was more than 65% which is high I believe. You’re very unlucky brother. But to be honest I doubt rechecking helps. It’s a pure MCQ exam checked by the computers. I don’t think there would be a mistake.

Hey there, looks like you have a pretty decent score. Probably just missed the mark with a few Ethics question?

Gotta nail this in 2017. I really don’t want to study for L2 for a 3rd time…

Guy, I’m also so disapointed about me. Fail with Band 10

CF, Equity, Alt > 70 FRA, PM, FI; Eco, Deriv , 50-70 Ethic, Quant < 50

I was expecting a fail after the exam with 60-65% and a pass for 40-35% but fail with band 10 and specially because of Ethics, is difficult to move on. I don’t know how people can deal with it but for me, I’m feeling like a waste 1 year of my life. I’m working for 1 year but I spend at least 250 hours on it.

So for the retakers who passed this year what’s your advice to move on and to deal with it next year ?