Schweser vs Curriculum

Be very objective in this aspect, which should i refer for my level 2? The thing is that i studied from my curriculum during level 1 but i dont think I would study from curriculum this time, I’m gonna start working now so I wont have all the time for that, anyways the thing is that the schweser material makes me very skeptical especially since curriculum is thick and schweser is only a quarter of it, so I often think that Schweser is missing a lot, so I used to go with curriculum. So this time I have three options i.e full schweser thrice along with mocks, full curriculum twice with mocks, and a hybrid approach of both with mocks. So what will you folks recommend me if I go with hybrid approach, what subjects to do with schweser and what to do from curriculum?

Schweser is well more than a quarter of the CFAI material. I’d read Schweser, but stick to the CFAI questions and topic tests.

You’re not going to find a consensus about this. Many here think Schweser works like a charm, but I think their questions are too easy compared to what you’ll see exam day.

Well I certainly wouldn’t do schweser 3x and not the CFAI at all. Read the official curriculum once first (including problems etc.) and then see where you are at, you can use schweser as a supplement at that point. Using the CFAI official books is more important as you advance levels, so I wouldn’t give it up for level 2

Use schweser to understand material, don’t bother with their EOC practice problems. Best practice if you’re a good test taker is to read schweser, use CFA given topic tests as you go along (they haven’t come out yet).

I’m going to read the things I did poorly on the exam in CFAI from now until November, and then re-read schweser entirely from then till April.

It probably wouldn’t take a CFA level zero candidate too long to build an optimization model to show you that your highest chance of passing in one go is some combination of the both.

I did not touch a single page of the CFA textbook. Partly because I had the e-books only. And the interface was so bad that it turned me off.

Only used Schweser books. I scored >70% in all topics except Ethics + FRA (which I got 50-70%). I was 99.99% I would pass and that goes to show that Schweser books are excellent.